Find
Notify
Tools

Opening Morning 2014
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted
We shot in the Waikato and only got a few, none of the mobs from previous years but it was still fantastic to get out.

I'm heading off after Pheasants next weekend, hopefully the weather improves.

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Its been hard work were we have access - no ponds and no puddles out in the paddocks :-( So far we have a score of 1 mallard - which we lost in the drain - and a pukeko that the young fella bagged last evening.

Todays rain may help , but there is a lot of season left yet , and it will get wetter as it goes. Hardly any paradise ducks in our area yet ....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
What sort of shotguns are they mate? They only have one barrel and a hole in the side Confused sofa

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
They are called "semi-autos " Bakes.

Your government has decreed that you aussies arent socially developed enough to be allowed to have those firearms , so you can only have two shots at a time :-)

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
What sort of shotguns are they mate?

Big Grin the fun kind!

muzza, you had any more luck? There is bound to be some more ducks about with this current weather. Hopefully it clears enough so we can chase some roosters on Saturday.

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Havent been out , Hendrik. Will get out over the weekend , with any luck. Bit of rain here but still not very wet - no puddles in the paddocks to attract the parries yet anyways .

One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
Don't shoot to many, leave some for me as I will be flying in Thursday to spend 8 glorious days in NZ. Cannot wait till I get over the ditch to partake of some great duck shooting.
Pete

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote