THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Expansion of 375 bullets in Australian game?

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Expansion of 375 bullets in Australian game?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Do all 375 H&H bullets go straight through pigs, goats and small deer?

Is there a load that will give huge damage inside the animal without continuing on its way after the job has been done?

Posts: 143 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I shot some goats a few weeks ago with a mate from Canada,with 375 we used 270gr Federal Hi-Skok we lined up six dead goats and fired a round into them the bullet stopped under the skin of the second goat.He was not happy with this ammo as he is hunting grizzly this fall.Maybe on a big pig they would stop

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1871 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would also check out the Taipan 250 gr bullets and maybe the 260 gr Ballistic tip.

I have had Hornady 300 gr Round Noses also shed all there weight practically and stop on the far side of the hide on 120 odd pound animals.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote