Find
Notify
Tools

RSPCA Propaganda
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted
Further to the thread "Petition", this is what the RSPCA has to say about the game bill - view this link:

http://www.rspca.org.au/news/n...ans-and-cockies.html

This is just so much propaganda and misinformation and is an example of the nonesense that we have to defeat.

I suggest that we pass this link to as many shooters as possible and get onto their site and leave comments about their lies - we should do this carefully and make sure that all of our comments are constructive and correct while pointing out that their statements are not truthful.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
The following are the comments I have left on the RSPCA website about their media release:

--------------------------------------------

Let me start by saying that I am incredibly disappointed with the inaccurate and false statements that the RSPCA are sponsoring in regards to the NSW Game Bill and as highlighted in your media release. The RSPCA was once a respected organisation who worked for a good cause but now it seems that the RSPCA has been hijacked by extremist animal liberationists who are only concerned with achieving their misguided goals, even if it means inventing their own stories to achieve it.

To infer that hunters in national parks would suddenly be ‘running amok’ and shooting native wildlife, indiscriminately and inhumanely, simply flies in the face of reason, the facts and the history of the Game Bill to date. Hunters are just as concerned with animal welfare and conservation as anyone – in fact, in most cases they are more informed, more attuned to the natural world and more conscious about conservation than many self-styled and self-proclaimed ‘wildlife warriors’.

In addition, to state that allowing hunters into National Parks (NP) would worsen the feral animal problem is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. The fact is that hunters would be actively seeking out and targeting the feral animals, such as pigs, goats, deer, foxes and so removing them from the environment – how can that make the feral animal situation worse? This statement, by the RSPCA, is just nonsense and mischief making. In Victoria and many other countries hunting has been permitted in NPs for decades and hunting is included, in the overall conservation strategy, as a tool that works.

To compare game parks with canned hunting is also grossly incorrect and simply the reflects the ignorance, or the bias, of the author of the RSPCA’s statement. Canned hunting is abhorrent to hunters as well as the general public. The outcry against canned hunting, and other unethical practices, is just as loud from the hunting fraternity as from the general public and, I would suggest, it is normally even louder. In many parts of the world, game parks are major resources for the conservation of endangered species as well as places were game animals are bred. Game parks are normally, by their very nature, huge preserves where the game is allowed to roam, virtually free, over vast distances and most of these animals will never be hunted or killed. The ‘picture you paint’, of game parks, is grossly biased and completely untrue.

It is one thing to disagree with the Game Bill and if your opposition was based upon facts and supportable views, then you would earn the respect of all involved, even those of us who disagree with you. However, when you revert to lies, misinformation, sweeping generalisations and outright propaganda, then you lose the respect of all. It is time the RSPCA cleaned up its act and got back to representing facts and truth.
------------------------------------------------

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well put BB thumb

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The RSPCA has little to do with animal welfare, and everything to do with generating income for it's inner circle.
Witness the case a while back in NSW where the legal firm of a highly placed RSPCA board member prceeded with a prosecution which they knew they would not win, but still rack up an impressive set of fees for themselves...

The RSPCA also doesn't like having the fact that they are the largest non-commercial killers of animals in Australia, killing on an annual basis far more than the total cull taken by hunters, pointed out to them when they ring up begging for money.
Possibly even outstripping PeTA's kill rate in it's animal 'shelters'.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
http://www.rspca.org.au/what-we-do.html

I looked to see who supports these folks and it looks like it is one of the big (in Texas) dog food mfg. Am I seeing this correct?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I suggest that we pass this link to as many shooters as possible and get onto their site and leave comments about their lies - we should do this carefully and make sure that all of our comments are constructive and correct while pointing out that their statements are not truthful.

Good work Bob - thanks!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote