New
Find
Notify
Tools

THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN 'BOUT
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted

A fine Black Jew taken on a charter a mate and I went on. clap My biggest fish to date.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Is that the bait?

Just kidding Bakes! I don't recognize the species but it looks like a nice fish.

Have you tried fishing in New Zealand? I've heard that they catch some big fish off there.

I usually head down to Mexico myself:

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Frank, the black Jewfish is part of the drum family which I think you have a member swimming down your way. I would love to fish NZ. Perhaps I may make it next year with an exchange posting.

Another fish from the trip. I nice little cod.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You look so much nicer wearing a hat. Mind you, the "FESTER goes fishing " look wasn't too bad
rob

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Its all about being sun smart Rob Wink

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's also about not scaring women and small children. some Turtle car wax might help.
rob
when are you coming down to the civilized part of the world?

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Frank, the black Jewfish is part of the drum family which I think you have a member swimming down your way. Another fish from the trip. I nice little cod.

Yeah, we get similar fish on the east coast. Here's me and a wee baby from off Jupiter, FL last year. The big ones, it is said, can go 1000 lbs... Wink

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MADNESS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
Is that the bait?

Just kidding Bakes! I don't recognize the species but it looks like a nice fish.

Have you tried fishing in New Zealand? I've heard that they catch some big fish off there.

I usually head down to Mexico myself:

you call that a fish Fjold animal

we use those for bait

heres what a real fish looks like Wink

Posts: 159 | Location: NEW ZEALAND | Registered: 03 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
rotflmo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kamo Gari, thats one ugly fish. chuck it back quickly would ya

Posts: 735 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 17 August 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Madness, I told Bakes to go to New Zealand! Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12538 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paul from nz:
Kamo Gari, thats one ugly fish. chuck it back quickly would ya

Apparently you've never had grouper. One of the best eating fish in the world. That said, that fish I've got is protected, and was released.

KG

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MADNESS:

we use those for bait

heres what a real fish looks like Wink

Nice corker bluefin. You get it on a rod and reel, though, or with purse seine nets? If with rod and reel, good jobbie. If with a net, bah! Smiler You guys don't have the market cornered on big fish though, mate. Wink

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/birddown/makoandbloodresized.jpg

wave Cool