New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mc Donald's Guns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just bought a new 30 06 from Mc Donalds Guns which is under new ownership. The new owner is Tim Schaeffer who is a keen hunter paticularly sambar and a keen shotgunner Lots of gear including clothing.
This is my first 06 as I have traditionally used a 338 but recently bought my 14 year old son a left hand 06 and found shooting it alot more comfortable. Also the lighter weight is nice as the mountains sambar live in are getting higher and steeper as I get older.
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
e-i-e-i-o "Bang"

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've only been in the store once - last October. Is the new owner changing things around, or will it be basically the same store? They had some nice guns and rifles in stock.

Posts: 1210 | Location: Zurich | Registered: 02 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The new owner will be doing less of the high end firearms, the English gear, but more new gear. It is a bit less cluttered and the new bloke is less grumpy.
Mark

Posts: 277 | Location: melbourne, australia | Registered: 19 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

new bloke is less grumpy.

The end of an Aussie tradition.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
new bloke is less grumpy.

old owner hunted with us in a hound team for many years and i never thought he was grumpy...........maybe to you as you obviously didnt buy one of his 20 grand shotties eh!I actually only posted a pic of him with a spikey sambnar the other day that took us for a long run down the Y/bulla creek.

Posts: 87 | Location: Queensland Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
gryph

I thought grumpy service is an Australian tradition

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
The worst service I've had was at Horsley Park. The best is at Tex's gun supplies in Darwin. I find most gunshops tend to treat you like you don't know anything about guns.

Here's a scary incident. I was in a gunshop and asked if they had any 7mm Mauser rounds, the bloke behind the counter showed me a box of 7mm RemMag. I said "no they are 7mm RemMag". He then found a box of 7x57 Mauser he said are these the same? I said yes. He then thought should check with the in-shop gunsmith. The gunsmith came out front and was asked "Are 7x57 Mauser the same as 7mm Mauser?" The gunsmith said "I don't know, what does the book say" I don't use that gunsmith

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote