The Accurate Reloading Forums
Mc Donald's Guns

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5621043/m/801105811

19 February 2004, 12:52
mark smith
Mc Donald's Guns
Just bought a new 30 06 from Mc Donalds Guns which is under new ownership. The new owner is Tim Schaeffer who is a keen hunter paticularly sambar and a keen shotgunner Lots of gear including clothing.
This is my first 06 as I have traditionally used a 338 but recently bought my 14 year old son a left hand 06 and found shooting it alot more comfortable. Also the lighter weight is nice as the mountains sambar live in are getting higher and steeper as I get older.
Mark
19 February 2004, 18:44
Bad Ass Wallace
e-i-e-i-o "Bang"
19 February 2004, 19:06
Stu C
I've only been in the store once - last October. Is the new owner changing things around, or will it be basically the same store? They had some nice guns and rifles in stock.
20 February 2004, 19:16
mark smith
The new owner will be doing less of the high end firearms, the English gear, but more new gear. It is a bit less cluttered and the new bloke is less grumpy.
Mark
21 February 2004, 05:06
NitroX
Quote:

new bloke is less grumpy.

The end of an Aussie tradition.
22 February 2004, 18:03
gryphon
new bloke is less grumpy.

old owner hunted with us in a hound team for many years and i never thought he was grumpy...........maybe to you as you obviously didnt buy one of his 20 grand shotties eh!I actually only posted a pic of him with a spikey sambnar the other day that took us for a long run down the Y/bulla creek.
23 February 2004, 03:46
NitroX
gryph

I thought grumpy service is an Australian tradition
23 February 2004, 06:24
Bakes
The worst service I've had was at Horsley Park. The best is at Tex's gun supplies in Darwin. I find most gunshops tend to treat you like you don't know anything about guns.

Here's a scary incident. I was in a gunshop and asked if they had any 7mm Mauser rounds, the bloke behind the counter showed me a box of 7mm RemMag. I said "no they are 7mm RemMag". He then found a box of 7x57 Mauser he said are these the same? I said yes. He then thought should check with the in-shop gunsmith. The gunsmith came out front and was asked "Are 7x57 Mauser the same as 7mm Mauser?" The gunsmith said "I don't know, what does the book say" I don't use that gunsmith