New
Find
Notify
Tools

What else is out there?
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
With the talk of panthers and such, what else do you think is out there? I've heard of a mob of wild alpacca's (sp?)in some water board land around newcastle. Anybody know of any other critters roaming around Australia....oh and NZ

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
We have moose in the Bottom Western corner of the South Island - as well as to the left of this post ....

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are many strange and unusual creatures out there....

One example is the deadly weeniewanker salamander....

It traps unsuspecting men it its slimey coils and then kills them with a bizarre form of sexual overstimulation...

Then there is the aggravated owl....
Its vocal chords are where its sexual organs are supposed to be, and its sexual organs are where its vocal chords are supposed to be..

Due to this, it can't f*** worth a hoot, or hoot worth a f***....

Possibly strangest of all is the now extinct KAZOONIEZOONIE bird...

The kazooniezoonie bird is now extinct because of its strange social habit of flying in ever decreasing concentric circles until it flies up its own ASSHOLE...

Posts: 119 | Location: Addison, NY | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Muzza
Are they for real or is it a "Tassie Tiger" type situation. I've heard they were shot out?

Posts: 7975 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Well , I beleive there are a very small number of moose still there . A recent scientific study ( like last year )with infra red cameras and all the bells and whistles came away with pretty conclusive evidence . Its hard to fake DNA testing on hair and no-one in their right mind is going to go into that part of the world just to plant some moose hair to fool the searchers .

I have to say that the area is about as inhospitable to humans as you can get here , maybe we should leave the moose to it .

Apparently the moose searchers found a colony of the rare Oomanacker bird there as well - so called due to the male bird having a set of pendulous testicles that hang below his body in flight , and as they crash and bounce off the tree branches he is heard to call " oomanaker , oomanaker"....

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
That was really bad Muzza

one of us
posted Hide Post
How about Bunyips? I recently found out that there are two types and both live on the sides of hills. One doesn't need a rifle to kill them because they have shorter legs on their uphill side so you get in front of them (but not too close) and they fall over trying to get away. Whack with a club and Hey Presto, roast bunyip.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of choppa
posted Hide Post
I saw a add the other day posted at the local store and it said they were looking for Tylacine/tassie tiger sightings, you know, ring this number ect, ect, apparently some conservationists released some on Wilsons Prom, years ago.

They must believ they are about, who would go to the trouble of putting up posters ?
They had a website as well, cant remember the address.

Posts: 137 | Location: Australia Vic Woorarra | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A year or so ago there was a report in the NT news of a Tassie Tiger sighting near Darwin.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Choppa could you please post web addy, might be the same guy who gets around Golden Beach and Loch Sport, was such a pain the DSE took out a restraining against him to keep him out of the parks, will find out his name.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An endangered species is probably Australian gun owners.
It is theorised they are not actually the old fashioned gun owners, but the new breed of antis who who happen to own guns.

If you do happen to come across one all you have to do is ask for its guns.It will put up no fight whatsoever.

In fact if you allow it to keep it's sort of gun it will actually disarm other gun owners for you.

Karl.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post

Quote:

they were looking for Tylacine/tassie tiger sightings ................. apparently some conservationists released some on Wilsons Prom, years ago.

Releases of an animal that is supposedy extinct in Victoria??? Now where do you suppose the core stock came from for this "release"?

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of choppa
posted Hide Post
416SW,

Yeh next time I go to the store Ill grab that address, as for that information about the release at the Prom I will do some looking through my books, from what I remember it was 1800's and I think from memory they released 20? captured in Tassie.

Posts: 137 | Location: Australia Vic Woorarra | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote