Find
Notify
Tools

Kangaroo scrotums in Auckland?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
I know, Roo aren't native to New Zealand but I need to buy a free standing Roo scrotum to hold jelly beans on a desk, for a gift.

I'll be in Aukland next week so is Queen Street the best bet for finding something like this?

Anyone need anything small (and legal) brought from the States since I'm coming over anyway?

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have to ask, Why? and why? and oh dear god Why? jumping
You can find a lot of things on Queen Street, but I doubt that Roo Scrotums will be one of them.
Might be better to get a member from Aus to post you some.

Posts: 4240 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You could try the Australian Embassy ... Wink

Maybe in Rotorua where they have those small wallabies... otherwise the land of Aus is your best bet.

You arent flying via Sydney or Melbourne ? If so you have the chance to shop in the airport Tourist traps there.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
You could try the Australian Embassy ... Wink

Maybe in Rotorua where they have those small wallabies... otherwise the land of Aus is your best bet.

You arent flying via Sydney or Melbourne ? If so you have the chance to shop in the airport Tourist traps there.

I'm flying direct from Los Angeles to Auckland. I should grab a hop aross the Tasman but unfortunately I don't have time this trip. I have to work during the week and I have an invitation to go fishing one day on the weekend and I'm going to try to get out for a day's shooting with Top Predator on the other day that weekend.

It looks like I'll be going back to Auckland in March so maybe I can squeeze in a day or two in Aus then.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Gun ownership may be illegal by the time you get home Frank,as the muppet will be in charge stir

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of TheKiwi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:
I know, Roo aren't native to New Zealand but I need to buy a free standing Roo scrotum to hold jelly beans on a desk, for a gift.

I'll be in Aukland next week so is Queen Street the best bet for finding something like this?

Anyone need anything small (and legal) brought from the States since I'm coming over anyway?

PM sent,

The Kiwi.

It's only funny until some poor bastard gets hurt, then it's hilarious!

Posts: 28 | Location: Canberra Australia | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
James, that's why I'm not bringing one of my guns (I'll shoot yours) I'm afraid that I may not be able to get mine back in the country.

Mal, thank you for your kind offer, PM sent.

Frank

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Does it have to be a kangaroo Item?

Just wondered , given the number of scrotums that can be found in the greater Auckland region ...

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
google for them,i know sales are online as i have seen them previously,if not there is a store in the Queen Victoria Market in Melbourne.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Does it have to be a kangaroo Item?
Just wondered , given the number of scrotums that can be found in the greater Auckland region ...

You'r not wrong there Muzza. I recently had the misfortune of sharing a camp with three of them. They were the bigest scrots I've ever met, they were worse than POMS.

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Sorry about your misfortune , oldun . I guess its because they live in a foreign world and expect everyone else to accept that they are right , even when they ptently aint....

Several years of counselling should see most of the resulting issues resolved.....

one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Shop where you can buy them

Gotta love those doubles!!!

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TrackersNZ:
Shop where you can buy them

Gotta love those doubles!!!

I saw those but I need one that is free standing. I need it to get the co-workers who raid the candy dish. Jelly beans in it would be too tempting a target. We'll tell them what it is in a month or so.

Frank

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:
Gun ownership may be illegal by the time you get home Frank,as the muppet will be in charge stir

Bloody Hell! John Key didn't run for the President of the USA as well did he? Big Grin

Posts: 1374 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
Don't declare what it is made of to Customs, as all kangaroo products are banned in California - no kidding!

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Irish Paul:
Don't declare what it is made of to Customs, as all kangaroo products are banned in California - no kidding!

I just list "souvenirs" on my US Customs form.

Just like my "Domican" cigars with no box or bands.

Frank