THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Australian police find 328 guns, 4.2 tons of ammo at farm

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Australian police find 328 guns, 4.2 tons of ammo at farm
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted
That's quite a collection! A Glock pistol worth $10,000?

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_...f-ammo-at-farm?lite=

A father and his two sons have been arrested in Australia after police found a $3 million arsenal of more than 300 guns and 4.2 tons of ammunition at their farm, police said Thursday.

The men, aged 69, 46 and 42, were charged with possessing restricted firearms after police found the weapons stockpile stashed in sheds at their property in Monto, Queensland.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12566 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It did make me wonder.

The MP-5 would be worth a fair bit.

Would be interested how they got hold of that
and if the Aust Mil have ever lost any.

Previously 500N with many thousands of posts !

Posts: 1815 | Location: Australia | Registered: 16 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Inflated numbers make the cops look better.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a whole lot of media hype to me.
Whats wrong with: "high powered hunting rifles with telescope lenses??????" Surely they are not against the law even in Australia.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5949 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Media seemed to being pushing a point that ''Gun Trafficking'',was taking place that the guns were on their way to possible criminal elements ,there is no proof of that ,but the media love to beat up and sensationalise anything to do with Firearms here ,they also love the word ''Cache''to sound more dramatic ,some years ago a few 22s and air rifle, were found together, and the media made a drama about it, and that one ''weapon'' was fitted with a ''telescopic lense'' ,WOW really ! ,Typical reporting from ignorant, dilitante Journalists that seem to know nothing about anything ,except furthering their own careers

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankhunter:
The Media seemed to being pushing a point that ''Gun Trafficking'',was taking place that the guns were on their way to possible criminal elements ,there is no proof of that ,but the media love to beat up and sensationalise anything to do with Firearms here ,they also love the word ''Cache''to sound more dramatic ,some years ago a few 22s and air rifle, were found together, and the media made a drama about it, and that one ''weapon'' was fitted with a ''telescopic lense'' ,WOW really ! ,Typical reporting from ignorant, dilitante Journalists that seem to know nothing about anything ,except furthering their own careers

Our media loves to use the word "Arsenal" for their sensationalism.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."

Posts: 12566 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anything over three guns is an arsenal and any reloading equipment is an ammunition factory !
For some of those stories they ask the cops to add their guns to make the take larger !

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mete:
Anything over three guns is an arsenal and any reloading equipment is an ammunition factory !
For some of those stories they ask the cops to add their guns to make the take larger !

And firearms are always "recovered", not "confiscated"...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14407 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
"4.2 tons of ammunition" sounds like your garage after Obama was re-elected Frank sofa

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1871 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Pretty close, James. dancing

Frank