New
Find
Notify
Tools

travel from USA to NZ
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Folks, I used the search feature to research info on airlines for travel to NZ without much success.

Any recommendations and things to avoid/

Will be traveling from OKC to Auckland.

sprig

Rose lipped maidens--light foot lads!!!

Posts: 448 | Location: Okie City | Registered: 18 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Your best bet it is to go to the individual airlines websites.

United, Air New Zealand and Quantas are the big players there

I just fly Air New Zealand all the time, they leave LAX between 10:00 PM and Midnight and arrive in Aukland about 6 AM.two days later (You lose one day crossing the International Dateline).

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go Air New Zealand. I find them to be a better than average in comfort, serivce and guns are not an issue.

I vowed to never fly Qantas again. I used to fly them every year to Aus, but that airline has gone downhill in the last 10 years.(Just my opinion). Rude flight attendents and it seems like they refigured the 747s to have less leg space than in the past or maybe I am just fatter. I also have heard that Qantas is little sticky about guns, but that is only what I have heard.

I have flown United with guns into Asia as well, never had a problem, but the 747 planes were older and somewhat dirty.

Have a good trip! NZ is a blast.

Posts: 55 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 10 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
I did not have any problems with Qantas in April this year. Their procedures were seamless. You just have to have the right paperwork.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
I fly Qantas when i can,never had any travel trouble with firearms.Never that any problems with firearms on Air New Zealand either.

You apply for firearm import permit online here http://www.police.govt.nz/service/firearms/#resources

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out www.kayak.com to search all the airlines at once.

I always fly Air New Zealand and have had nothing but great experiences. The flights right now are also as cheap as they may ever be (as I write this, the news just said that Air NZ cut 80 jobs due to lost revenue from decreased tourist numbers).

Posts: 34 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote