one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted

First Shoot for 2024

Came back to Blind to find him stealing my Pigeons

[url=https://postimg.cc/bd9PbSVx] [/url

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Good start to the year TP tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Edit out photo 4 if I were you!

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
whats wrong with Photo 4?

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My mistake, spur winged plover used to be totally protected, 2 years inside. Now no longer protected. Sorry!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep, seems they were detrimental too some of the rare endemic species of wading bird. DOC quietly removed protection about 10 years ago I think it was.

Posts: 4234 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
What is the bird at top? There was one on the cover of an old 'American Rifleman' but I've forgotten its name.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Californian Quail

The reason TP can photograph them is all the cats he shoots.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My daughter complained that the California quail disappeared from her orchard about a month ago. I set a live trap. In a week I got 2 female cats and 6 kittens. We released a bròod of pheasant poults with a broody chook a week ago and they are still all there so I must have got all the poor little pussies.
Great photos TP!

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Californian Quail

The reason TP can photograph them is all the cats he shoots.

Do they tend to be crosseyed? I would if I had that thing hanging in front of me.

Yes, cats are a curse (the girls here have two) but at least you don't have foxes. I love eating pheasants but they don't flourish in the wild here. Will you have them on your new place, Craig?

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
eventually, once I get set up a bit.