Notify
Tools

Re: Baikal 45/70 SxS
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Con
Are you talking about Bill Haile?
The price seems a little high as the EAA site (the US Baikal importer) says they will be $629USD it would almost be cheaper to import one from the US

I definitely want one in 45/70, will be interested to see how much metal in the chamber area as a 45/120 could start to make it look like a dgr. over in the big bore forum Timberghost said EAA had emailed him late 2004 to mid 2005. others have piped in and said never happen as Remington have done a deal for shotguns with Baikal (using the same action)and before that it was Savage. I see Baikal still have not got it listed on their site.

Pedersoli have a sxs in 45/70 but the retail here in aus is about $4500

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
416SW,
Yep it was Bill I was talking to. I mentioned the US price to him and he seem non-plussed. Is the hassle of importing really worth it? Unless you have a "dealer's licence", I think it's better to rely on local discounting. The Baikal U/O's have dropped a few hundred, I think the SxS will too.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I emailed EAA last month and asked them if they will be importing them to Australia and they said NO. Where are they made? It might be even cheaper to order one from Europe? Not sure. When I saw that they were US$630 I thought the price would be OK. But AUS$1900 is marking things up a bit. I wonder if they are strong enough to make into a 450NE No2??????If not ,then a 45/70 would be a fun pig gun.

Posts: 618 | Location: Singleton ,Australia | Registered: 28 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
cr500
they are made in Russia and there is an Australian agent who is supplied via Germany.

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote