New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mouse update for Gryph
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Well I bought a cheapy bucket lid from Amazon. Had to find a bucket it would fit and the trap door is very loose (Falls in) which I'll have to modify BUT two mice in the shed on the first night and 7 last night in the chook shed.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
HA!

Blow your wad on shit Tony!

Way back in the mid 50's we used the same
type setup.

A few inches of old used engine oil in a bucket

with a flat stick to the rim. They just jump

in and its done. Apparently they see their own

reflection and think it's company.

Plain water will work the same.

SO: you NEED to buy another half dozen of

these things.

I always wanted to make a funnel to fit a

bucket rim. Once committed there's no backing

out of that slide as long as the hole in big

enough they drop thru.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What recipe are you going to use to cook them?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
There are lots of DIY water traps online and as you can see Bakesy yours wont stop working and you can throw the dead mice out for the maggies and kooka`s as they have no bait in them.
I throw them on top of the shed roof...gone in no time.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
What recipe are you going to use to cook them?

I thought a nice satay sauce Wink

The Butcher Birds clean mine up. I have one that follows me when I cut wood or mow. He cleans up the bugs and spiders. Also saw my dive down and smash a mouse in the long grass which was pretty cool.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We all really need to get out hunting, if our main conversations right now are possums and mice! jumping

Posts: 4242 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
I go every day Shanks,got pics and videos to prove it!

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Any end in sight for the mouse horde invasion?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
I go every day Shanks,got pics and videos to prove it!

Yeah figured as much. Just seemed funny to me our choice of conversations.

Posts: 4242 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
All topics are on the table Shanks and besides its trapping...which is like hunting Big Grin

Actually going hunting this weekend....with the wife Eeker Big Grin

I shall keep you all posted of course. Wink

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
Any end in sight for the mouse horde invasion?

Not yet mate. We've had to lock the dog food at work away in trunks. We're starting to get them in the kennels.

Administrator
posted Hide Post

Posts: 66957 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I suppose its tastes like chicken? rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I bet the one on the left does not! rotflmo

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Easy Saeed...easy Wink Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ha.I too bought one of these recently, and I too have found its does not fit NZ buckets and the flap is f...king loose.

Ramp broke first time i tried installing it.

To be honest its a typical Chinese piece of sh...t.

Had it in me garage for a week now and nothing caught yet. Might have to put some more enticing bate in it and move it to the chook house

Posts: 36 | Location: Tauranga, New Zealand | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I put peanut butter in it and embedded chook food into the peanut butter.