New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest MeatEater podcast
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Interesting guest on it. A biologist who worked on the Californian Condor. This bloke talks about a study they did on shot deer and how much lead is shed in the carcass.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And how much lead is shed? Enough to raise the serum level of the eater?

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posts: 246 | Location: US of A | Registered: 03 April 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Was he shooting a ballistic tip or a swift a-frame. Methinks the results will vary wildly.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Well they shot a heap of deer and x-rayed the bodies. Apparently lead bullets shed a heap of lead through out the body, which for the condor was enough to cause lead poisoning when they ate the gut piles of hunters kills.

Link below

https://open.spotify.com/episo...?si=b4c6625d7ece45b8

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote