Find
Notify
Tools

F*&#
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
For every statement from a "scientist" like that , there is another statement from another "scientist " stating the opposite.

Modern science is based on having an outcome , then making the science fit that outcome.

Who pays the piper calls the tune . or in other words - follow the money.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yep I love when the media says 'Trust the science"

Would that be the science that bought us this virus that shut down the world in the first place? Roll Eyes

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
No, I think that likelihood has been put to rest, Bakes. The virus came from the wet market, not that it really matters.

It was certainly not worth buggering up our barley, wine and lobster industries for three years.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
some fellas at my last workplace were going through covid tests until they got a positive one. They all went home with covid. What a complete joke.

Posts: 3530 | Location: various | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
Ah well I suppose it had to happen, after doing a bit of plumbing work at my daughters place up in Auckland just before Xmas, getting all sweaty then cooling off and then getting, typical to me, a niggly throat as symptom of a cold coming on, I tested positive for Covid a couple of days later on Xmas day at our family gathering.

Actually the effects were milder than a normal cold for me, sore throat went away quickly and only a bit of a cough hanging on. No sniffles, blocked nose, etc., usually associated with a heavy cold. Two sons in law and the older daughter followed suit testing positive in following days but no bad symptoms. Wife and other members of the family who all had close contact with me were all fine, including our five grandkids hugging and kissing as they do. Everyone still eating and drinking and celebrating Xmas and New year together.

Likely caught it on the plane to Auckland, I recall a fellow passenger sitting a few seats behind me was coughing on and off during the flight.

While all the vaccinations I have had didn't stop me eventually getting Covid they may have conditioned my constitution and prevented any serious effects and possibly limited spread within close family contacts.

Nice Xmas present to unwrap Big Grin

Posts: 3848 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The best way to not get the"c" word is to not test.

You got a cold , mild flu , you got over it . simple

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
The best way to not get the"c" word is to not test.

You got a cold , mild flu , you got over it . simple

I agree with you, I only tested after one of my son in laws got symptoms and tested positive then everyone wanted to know if I was. As I said in my post, our family Xmas celebrations carried on as normal, I wasn't an instant leper Smiler

Posts: 3848 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
going through the same myself , right now.Damn.