New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buffalo Hunt in 05
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I'm planning to book a buffalo hunt in northern Austrailia for next summer. I visited several booths at the SCI show in Reno.I'm interested in a 7 day hunt. I dont really care about other species (except wild boer).Ialso would like camp that offered good fishing,if I were to get a good buffalo early in the hunt. It would be 1x1 hunt with my wife as observer,so a half decent camp would be a plus.Does anybody have any good suggestions? Thanks

Posts: 31 | Location: Creswell Oregon | Registered: 14 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Actually I do, except for the wild boer, you'll have to go to South Africa for that ;-)

Just kidding, wild boar are usually plentiful.

You may have met this operator: Brett Ottley of Bawaninga Safaris. I've met Brett on several ocassions, in Dortmund, Germany and this year in Reno, and I've talked to people that have hunted with him. If you have met him, I don't have to spill out all the details here, if you haven't, drop me a line and I'll tel you all about him. Les Kosek, who posted here earlier, has been to his camp and has seen it all up close.

He has great barra fishing available when the hunting is done, good buff and plenty pigs, very decent camp, has both former PH's from Africa and aboriginals on staff, and can be reached by a short regular flight from Darwin. And he's a nice guy, whose major flaw that he isn't bragging more about his operation. Big Game Adventures featured a story about this operator a while back, but I forgot exactly which issue.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you have a pm

Posts: 27 | Location: brisbane australia | Registered: 04 April 2004Reply With Quote