Tools

Bad news from NZ
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Shanks

Just look at the mirror mate.

"Shit posting" eh? Really? Show me one abuse, name calling or insult in any of my posts.

You have been ranting just because I do not agree with your political view that is one extreme of the spectrum and based on just one issue! I am not even on the left! I am a conservative central guy.

So you are angry with 85% of Kiwis because they did not vote like you.

I thought you were a lot better than that.

If you really think that ACT will support Organic farming, Organic foods and sustainable living, you are dreaming and smoking something.

Your personal business and lifestyle will be destroyed by ACT while you think you can hunt all you want.

You have now got sucked into personal conflict rather than focusing on the issues and the debate! And look what you dragged up on your side with the above comments - no surprises at all.

quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Yes you are correct. We dont like it. But your reply fails to recognise we have good grounds for not liking it and to be concerned.
With the exception of one poster, thus thread is and has been about the effects on us as hunters and firearms users. And the potential effects to come. Not one of us has blamed democracy for that.
And if this forum has become like the PF, then its because one member is shitposting here as he does there.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As I said, shitposting. I haven't commented on any of what you bring up.
I have not made a derogatory comment about the nz public for the way the country voted. What I have said is that we as a group are facing hard times and that the result was not good for us. Never have I not accepted the result.
Except in brief reply to comments directed at me, I have not mentioned ACT and never brought them into this conversation.
Definitely no mention from me of organic farming.
No mention from me of politics in general.
And in my very first response to you I clearly stated I was not discussing social issues. Go back and read it. So my anger is not at your views, but your continued ignorance of the subject being discussed, and continued pushing irrelevant topics at me and making claims you cant back up. And I have stayed far calmer and politer than you. And I have stuck to facts, which cant be said in return.
You clearly have a vendetta, and a chip on your shoulder. I suspect you enjoy the turmoil you create and get enjoyment from this somehow.
You have right through this thread been the definition of shitposting.

Posts: 4242 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Keep it civil gents. I know this is a topic that gets people worked up but lets not get into any name calling. I think we are all better than that. Keep the conversation going by all means, state your argument and be prepared to defend it, but keep it civil. Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of thing we are dealing with here today. This is the kind of thing thats allowed to be published in major news outlets.
They feel safe to opine that gun licence owners should not be representing thier people.
We should be in a corner quiet and unseen, unrepresented.This only comes from the left.
https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinio...owners-in-parliament

Posts: 4242 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
All this talk of puddles, reminds me of the I caught Cholera jumping

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Shanks

All mostly true, except you allegations about me.

What you failed to note is that you agreed with others who were abusive or offensive. Your extreme views also started gathering others including a bigoted post.

I have no vendetta at all. I just wanted to point out the other side of the coin.

Your post has a heading - Bad news from NZ. That in itself is misleading and inaccurate. It may be bad news for you or for some with a particular point of view.

It is you who have a vendetta against those who disagree with you and you did use the term red Queen and accused me of having some king of allegiance.

There is absolutely no balance in you post and there is a lot of angst towards me.

I get it Big Time. I have repeatedly posted the context and you chose to ignore it and keep on claiming that I don't get it.

Your single issue passion and anger is not difficult to "get it".

But I seriously don't get your angst towards me and my very centerist posts.

You have opposed me right through this thread without once objecting to the name calling, bigotry and rudeness from the other guys supporting you!

quote:
As I said, shitposting. I haven't commented on any of what you bring up.
I have not made a derogatory comment about the nz public for the way the country voted. What I have said is that we as a group are facing hard times and that the result was not good for us. Never have I not accepted the result.
Except in brief reply to comments directed at me, I have not mentioned ACT and never brought them into this conversation.
Definitely no mention from me of organic farming.
No mention from me of politics in general.
And in my very first response to you I clearly stated I was not discussing social issues. Go back and read it. So my anger is not at your views, but your continued ignorance of the subject being discussed, and continued pushing irrelevant topics at me and making claims you cant back up. And I have stayed far calmer and politer than you. And I have stuck to facts, which cant be said in return.
You clearly have a vendetta, and a chip on your shoulder. I suspect you enjoy the turmoil you create and get enjoyment from this somehow.
You have right through this thread been the definition of shitposting.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
You must be the fox terrier of forums - you never give up.

Even when you are not correct....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nakihunter:
Shanks

All mostly true, except you allegations about me.

What you failed to note is that you agreed with others who were abusive or offensive. Your extreme views also started gathering others including a bigoted post.

I have no vendetta at all. I just wanted to point out the other side of the coin.

Your post has a heading - Bad news from NZ. That in itself is misleading and inaccurate. It may be bad news for you or for some with a particular point of view.

It is you who have a vendetta against those who disagree with you and you did use the term red Queen and accused me of having some king of allegiance.

There is absolutely no balance in you post and there is a lot of angst towards me.

I get it Big Time. I have repeatedly posted the context and you chose to ignore it and keep on claiming that I don't get it.

Your single issue passion and anger is not difficult to "get it".

But I seriously don't get your angst towards me and my very centerist posts.

You have opposed me right through this thread without once objecting to the name calling, bigotry and rudeness from the other guys supporting you!

At some point in time Naki, you might just have to step back and wonder why you continually find yourself in the position of victimhood. But i understand that has been said to you repeatedly before and it dosent seem to sink in. Im not going to jump in and defend you, because honestly I think you bring it on yourself.
Too much to litigate, not worth the effort. Its just irrelevance.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So to bring this back on track. Am sitting here with another member of this forum tonight and discussing the gun laws and its effects on ordinary people.
He lost a number of guns in the confiscation/buyback, and we could count another 4 members of this forum alone who did as well.
He has just ordered a gunstock, and now has to apply to police for permission to get it mailed to him. In fact anything that can be attached to a gun now needs permission if ordering online etc. With registration coming, Our descussions turned to guys like my father, who nowadays seldom uses his guns except to put down a cow or shoot a pest or two. He and many others will most likely surrender thier licences because its not worth thier while anymore.
For me I did not lose any guns in the buyback, but I can no longer host people who want to sight in thier guns, as to do so I need to have a dedicated range and a range officer and certification. We have lost entire sports due to not being able to particiapate any longer. If ever I get depressed, its now unsafe to visit a GP, as they are required to report that to police, so gun owners with depression will now not feel safe seeing help.
This is all bad news for us as firearms licence holders to come out of this election result. If the parties who are now in opposition had of managed a better result, there is a good chance much of that would have been removed or modified to be more friendly to licence holders.

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
3 pages yet?

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
3 now?

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Maybe now

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
This is hard work

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
Lol, Ok I'll give you a hand.

Super bad for us outdoor & Farming types, yes I also had a bunch of items taken by the funded confiscation, pity took me years to get most of them to my tastes .

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Thanks

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
This is more work than any labour voter has ever done

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarg:
Lol, Ok I'll give you a hand.

Super bad for us outdoor & Farming types, yes I also had a bunch of items taken by the funded confiscation, pity took me years to get most of them to my tastes .

Yep, its a simple proposition. Easy to understand. Bad for many reasons. Your enjoyment in some manor has been unnecessarily tarnished. BY people who dont care.

One of Us
Picture of Sarg
posted Hide Post
You know they do care as they badly want to take more of our freedoms away & stay up at night thinking how to make life more difficult for people who have done nothing wrong, don't care about our way of life, freedoms & traditions !

Posts: 461 | Location: New Zealand - Australia - South Africa | Registered: 14 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
3 now

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Not yet James - be patient

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MeMe
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for what happened in the NZ election. I just hope we don't get Harris in. We will be in the same boat soon after.

Posts: 360 | Location: California | Registered: 14 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sarg:
You know they do care as they badly want to take more of our freedoms away & stay up at night thinking how to make life more difficult for people who have done nothing wrong, don't care about our way of life, freedoms & traditions !

Yes. Thats the thing. They care about diversity and cultures.... when its the diversity and cultures that they like. I think its imminently provable that the hunting culture in NZ has seen more local authors created, more local books published than even rugby. Its sustained more magazines than almost any other lifestyle. Magazines that now are under threat because distributors are putting restrictions on whether they will distribute them or not, due to content????? And some retailers are making policy not to stock them? How is that allowed in a free country? There is a great history and distinctive culture of hunting in NZ, yet it is not valued by these people. So individuals and companies etc can get away with treating us poorly.

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
While the thread title is "Bad news for Nz", the one bit of good news is that we now have better firearms owner representation in govt in the form of ACT than before this election. Still in opposition, but we have a measured voice with a decent media profile.
Hoping that ACT can push sensible changes to the gun laws, without getting caught up in the anti-gun media hysteria. I'd love to go back to the days of AR15s on an ACat license, but that's not going to happen.

Posts: 354 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
I dont think many folk expect to go back to pre- ChCh days . The real issue is the manner in which the pm deliberately turned us all into the guilty party , rushed ill-considered legislation into Parliament , and the way the Police jumped boots and all into kicking the crap out of us.

Thats the thing that gets right up my nose .

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
I dont think many folk expect to go back to pre- ChCh days . The real issue is the manner in which the pm deliberately turned us all into the guilty party , rushed ill-considered legislation into Parliament , and the way the Police jumped boots and all into kicking the crap out of us.

Fully agree, and I believe the upswing in the ATC vote is a direct reflection that a lot of Kiwis didn't appreciate being thrown under the bus for someone else's ideological wet dream.

It shows that Kiwis are willing to push back on government overreach. Same goes for the pushback from the hunting community on the Tahr eradication plans.

Next up is for us to stand together and completely fuckup their registration plans by either not registering anything or by flooding the system with shitty data like the Canadians did.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is what happened to us Aussies post Port Arthur. On a federal level then forced on the states by the federal government threatening withdrawal of funds etc. all parties turned on us.

This gave rise to what is now known as the Shooters Fishers and Farmers Party. We have seats in NSW government that comprise 40% of NSW (three seats!).

I wish you well in NZ as you were a beacon of hope for us.

DRSS

Posts: 1906 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HendrikNZ:
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:

Fully agree, and I believe the upswing in the ATC vote is a direct reflection that a lot of Kiwis didn't appreciate being thrown under the bus for someone else's ideological wet dream.

It shows that Kiwis are willing to push back on government overreach. Same goes for the pushback from the hunting community on the Tahr eradication plans.

Next up is for us to stand together and completely fuckup their registration plans by either not registering anything or by flooding the system with shitty data like the Canadians did.

Muzza, Ill add to that, the refusal to look at the two working licence categories already in place that could have been repurposed for this. That would have allowed people to retain their guns and sports.

Hendrik, I think going on the number of guns handed in, and the types, I think alot are all ready refusing to comply.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
muzza
posted 26 October 2020 08:59

Right on all counts there Muzza and my feelings on this the same. A further point, correctly made I think, is that the Chch massacre was contributed to greatly by Police failure to properly investigate the suitability of the perpetrator to hold a NZ Firearms License. Nowadays Police seem to readily admit to numerous failings but have remained strangely silent in this instance. I hope this is thoroughly looked at in the Royal Commission Report. Meanwhile the confidence I had in the NZ Police for being honest and impartial feels somewhat lessened.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2018 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it is noticeable that both the top cops that were in charge at the time of this, and led the follow up. Chose retirement before the commission report is released... if it is.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
So, from what I've seen in our press,

New Zealand will allow euthanasia but not marijuana.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Thats it , in a nut shell.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Not much wrong with euthanasia. If I would have terminal cancer with no hopes of surviving, pain every second of life, and just racking in debt in medical bills which my loved ones will inherit I wouldn't make being able to legally end my life.
As for marihuana, I don't care much about it, but I see much less problem with marihuana than with alcohol, so why not make it legal and tax it like alcohol and tobacco?

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BushPeter:
quote:
Originally posted by Fjold:

Not much wrong with euthanasia. If I would have terminal cancer with no hopes of surviving, pain every second of life, and just racking in debt in medical bills which my loved ones will inherit I wouldn't make being able to legally end my life.
As for marihuana, I don't care much about it, but I see much less problem with marihuana than with alcohol, so why not make it legal and tax it like alcohol and tobacco?

No criticism implied, mate. Just observation.

I agree with your stance on marijuana, I tried it when I was younger but didn't care for it, just like gin. But, I don't care if anyone else enjoys it as long as they don't endanger other people doing it.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12540 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Three pages yet? Will be now, how much to tip in New Zealand?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Marijuana Causes alot of harm in poor regions. I agree that so does alcohol, but not sure adding another to the mix is the way to go. I also think it was voted down because of who put it up. Most of NZ has no time for the greens and sees them as fundamentalist flakes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I voted for the legalisation of dope, because exactly like the euthanasia referendum, I think GOVT should stay out of individuals right to make choices. Good or bad. Personnel responsibility is important. But im not sad it got defeated. I dont see it as a panacea, just a replacement of one set of problems with another.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:

And as for tipping. How come you never give me a tip?

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

HAHAHA

One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
3 pages now?

one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Here is a tip, don’t eat the yellow snow