Find
Notify
Tools

A politician with balls
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted
I once thought Bill McGrath had them but he rolled over under pressure.

We all seem to think little Johnnie ain't got any-------

Katter?
I used to admired Ted Drane as a person with his vocal stance on guns?
Um-----

I have run totally out of inspiration for a politician I believe in.

Overseas-----
Shoot me. George W Bush?

That little prick who is a big prick Arnie went anti on the people in California.

Just who can you trust to let us keep our guns?

Who in Aus., so we can vote for them.
I organize a school Field and Game shoot here that gets about 20 schools turning up. Our local member always tals the talk but I just don't see him walking the walk.

A very synical old bloke

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
I know what you mean - I feel totally, politically disenfranchised and every election I am left with a serious dilemna as to who to vote for because you can't trust any of the bastards.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You wont ever get very far by placing in faith in a politician to support your cause. They are only interested in one thing - holding the seat. If that means selling out then they wont even bat an eye.

The best way to support out sport is through political lobbying. Look at the power the NRA has in the US. Even here the SSAA has the ear of government but it needs ever shooter to be involved to really pack some punch. I dont agree with everything they do but it's our best way to get the politicians to take notice. So join up if you havent already.

Sporting Shooters Association of Australia

Scott

Posts: 39 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 23 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day, How many tries does it take? Ever since 1996, we have been trying to get some form of representation. Given the number of firearms licences issued, and that fact that you MUST be a person of good character in order to get one, indicates to me that it probably won't happen.
Shooters, as a group seem to be infected with the 'she'll be right, mate' virus. Shotgunners don't care about pistol shooters and vice-versa. As long as we don't care enough to vote as a group, on this SINGLE ISSUE, then our sport is eventually doomed.
The general public don't care. Moreover, they have been conditioned by the media to think we are a pack of bloodthirsty morons, unfit for a place in polite society.
We had our chance in 96, and due to interest groups and general apathy, we lost. It will be a hard fight just to keep what we have, let alone a return of what was stolen from us.
Look at it from the politicians point of view. It's simple maths. 20,000,000 general public Vs licenced shooters ?,000. The people they listen to are the ones who make the most noise. If we are in their face, making their actions which are dtremental to us, look bad in the media (faint hope), then they might start to take us a little more seriously. Conversely, if they do something to benefit us, we should try to make them look as good as possible.
Simple, dog, psychology. It seems to be about the only type of reason that politicians understand.
O.K, rant switch set to 'OFF'.
Now for suggestions as to how to get this done?

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum.

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote