Tools

Aussie made 45/70 bullet 500grns
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Found this website
Bulldog
under GM heavy magnum

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
<quigleysharps4570>
posted
Anyone you know had any experience with them? Looks like they out to be quite a bullet.

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
I have used the Westcastings projectiles in various pistols and rifles for some years. These people make a superior bullet 220/.380 for my 38/55 Winchester that will group 1.5" at 100 yards and is still accurate to 300yds.
The main problem with many massed produced castings, is that the shooter has little control over the degree of hardness of the product and almost all pistol bullets are much harder than desirable. Rifle bullets for black powder loads are too hard to obtruate into the rifling which is required for optimum accuracy.
On the East coast, the cost of freighting LEAD projectiles half way around the country means that they become very expensive compared to local "Redback" or home cast projectiles.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW
I thought Bulldog were in QLD, also are you saying they are to hard or that commercial cast projys in general are to hard?

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Bulldog are in Queensland; they just bring in Westcastings from WA at a premium price.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
BAW, I've found Westcastings projies were shit in pistol cals. up to 10 gns diff, their adds were 'a full refund if not happy', fuck me after a shit load of phone calls to the wanker agent in Vic. the prick vanished from the face of the earth, The hollow base projies were crap, they did the rounds at all the pistol shoots in Vic in 99/01 flogging there crap, with powder burnt targets, then they dropped the full refund stuff, fuckem.....Les

Posts: 115 | Location: Vic Australia | Registered: 05 May 2002Reply With Quote