New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from Wagga Wagga
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Two week leadership course in Wagga Wagga.....THAT was a hoot. Saw a red deer hind near Seymour as I was driving up. She was standing on the side of a busy highway in the middle of some farm land. Though that was cool.

So what's been happening?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Was that at Kapooka or Forrest Hill?

I like Wagga.

Have a few dead Sambar Hinds on the Hunter Expressway here. Quite a few fallow out at work (north of Mudgee). And a bazillion pigs, roo’s and emu’s at the moment.

DRSS

Posts: 1905 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
At the RAAF base mate.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:

So what's been happening?

Same old deer hunting, looking for and observing.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Sydney mate shot a rough one on Satdy.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
That is a roughy Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
Sydney mate shot a rough one on Satdy.

The rifle doesn't look to be a heavy calibre as often touted as necessary for Sambar.
Any details of the rifle / calibre please ?

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not to be outdone by Gryph....
I think I shot this one while you were at WW Tony....

Posts: 2013 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
9.3 X 62 cobber. 250 gr "something" I forget exactly,probably a woodleigh pps (?)

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon1:
9.3 X 62 cobber. 250 gr "something" I forget exactly,probably a woodleigh pps (?)

Thanks Gryph. That cal is obviously just fine for Sambar. From the pic I didn't think the cal that big but appearances deceive...
Nice pic of the skull and antlers. Actually I wouldn't b ashamed to take that head. I kinda enjoy the non-typicals.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I like the weird ones as well.

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Courting.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I think the 9.3x62 is a ripper, 30-06king. I've only shot three non-flying critters in the past year (a running pig and two sambar) but all were instant, one-shot kills with the 9.3. I did give the deer a second shot each to be sure and to get the blood draining but they were, to all appearances, dead already.

Posts: 4952 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
What is a leadership course/

I thought it was simple.

THE BOSS says JUMP, you do.

End of story! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
No, you ask him "how high?"

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I thought it was simple.

End of story! rotflmo

Its how to be a kind and caring leader Saeed....Needless to say I upset some of the instructors. Apparently I'm a bit direct Big Grin rotflmo

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

I thought it was simple.

End of story! rotflmo

Its how to be a kind and caring leader Saeed....Needless to say I upset some of the instructors. Apparently I'm a bit direct Big Grin rotflmo

Serves you bloody right mate!

What did you expect mixing with Arabs! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66923 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
I think the 9.3x62 is a ripper, 30-06king. I've only shot three non-flying critters in the past year (a running pig and two sambar) but all were instant, one-shot kills with the 9.3. I did give the deer a second shot each to be sure and to get the blood draining but they were, to all appearances, dead already.

I have a friend whose favourite Africa cal is 9.3 x 62 I've never shot it although he has invited me to do so several times. I must get around to doing so as his rifle is a beautiful Rigby he had made in recent years.
Personally I'm overly fond of the .375 H&H and can't seem to get past its outstanding virtues and am quite content to be stuck there.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I have a Tikka in 9.3x62. Its my new favorite, it puts big holes in things Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]
Its how to be a kind and caring leader Saeed....Needless to say I upset some of the instructors. Apparently I'm a bit direct Big Grin rotflmo[/QUOTE]

Don't tell me they've been taking leadership counselling from our recently displaced leader Cindy ? "Kind and caring" was the leadership style she wanted to portray but unfortunately for her it became apparent to people there were tough issues that were not being sorted and her leadership became a political liability.
Your guys should take heed...

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nah its all about driving culture change Roll Eyes
I had a "Fun" couple of weeks as you could probably guess.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nah its all about driving culture change Roll Eyes
I had a "Fun" couple of weeks as you could probably guess.

So, we can all now look forward to having on board New & Improved Bakes the upgraded, reconditioned Oz & NZ Hunting Moderator ??? Big Grin Wink

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Nope, I auto dumped it as soon as I left Big Grin. Just the same old me. Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Welcome back, Sir!

Did you ever post pics of the Tikka with the scope and bits on ? I recall you posted pics out of the box but not topped with the glass ??

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ah no I didn't. I'll take some next time I take her out Wink