Find
Notify
Tools

? for nitrox
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of tonto
posted
I had a bottle of aussi wine a while back someone got it for me because it was Tyrrell wine. Thats my last name. Have you ever heard of it? Maybe the folks who make it descended from the Tyrrell who shot the king in a archery hunting accident in england?
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
have heard of them
tyrrell

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe the folks who make it descended from the Tyrrell who shot the king in a archery hunting accident in england?

Maybe he had drunk too much wine before hand? Big Grin

The website 416SW posted tells you all.

John H.

NitroExpress.com - the net's double rifle forum

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The average Aussie calls it plonk; the women put it in pudding and occasionally you drink the stuff if you want to show etiquite in mixed company.
The women don't mind you getting pissed on plonk but object to you coming home with beer on your breath.
Funny creatures these women jump

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
The average Aussie calls it leg opener. Big Grin

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tonto
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link! i was reading about Sir Walter in an archery book the other day. Thought maybe he fled the country and his relatives started making wine in Australia. Looks like the same family. Too bad they dont make BEER not much of a wine drinker myself. Thanks again.
Dean

Posts: 1057 | Location: adirondacks,NY ,USA | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Lots of Aussies dont spell very well so they label their beer with XXXX so that even the dyslexic can get pissed.....

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lots of Aussies dont spell very well so they label their beer with XXXX so that even the dyslexic can get pissed.....

And God love em that they do & can jump

all times wasted wot's not spent shootin

Posts: 569 | Location: Flinders Ranges. South Australia | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote