New
Find
Notify
Tools

ABC at it again.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
The GayBeeCee (that paragon of journalistic integrity) is at it again.
A Journo student is trying to drum up support for a Duck hunting ban in Vic.

http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/40506.html

Please feel free to politely comment. Wink

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Wow she's an idiot. Vegan idiot.

Wildlife management weather in deer, ducks, salmon, or hedgehogs must all be up to man. Mother nature doesn't manage wildlife in a very nice way.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
Read this bsflag all too often - emotive gump.

Sometimes I despair that no matter how many facts, home truths and hypocrisy that an ethical hunter exposes in response to articles such as this young lady has written there are unethical individuals in charge of firearms that do fit the stereo typical image she is trying to push. Bad news gets more media attention than good news.

Especially if the media has an anti hunters/ shooters stance and they play on the separation modern Australians have from how much mankind manipulates the environment in pursuit of the affluent lifestyle we all crave. In my house for instance my Wife and Daughters have the Bambi syndrome real bad!I stay on song but the anti's message is alive in my house. Very frustrating!

In Australia the shooting sports are fractured. The various organizations do not have a united message, the anti's do and are masterful in how they manipulate and infiltrate the media to get their message out. There are dozens of organizations / clubs all representing what suits their unique charter. The anti's are chipping away at the edges and creating big cracks. If the shooting sports and hunting are to have a future in this country only way is to use the media in they same manner they do and as individuals look at the big picture and not our individual needs and be vigilant and expose the bad apples in our ranks

Comes across as sanctimonious but I also feel I'm horse sitting here speaking to the converted

regards Jacko

"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin

Posts: 34 | Location: Sth East Qld Australia | Registered: 02 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jacko303.35:

Sometimes I despair that no matter how many facts, home truths and hypocrisy that an ethical hunter exposes in response to articles such as this young lady has written there are unethical individuals in charge of firearms that do fit the stereo typical image she is trying to push. Bad news gets more media attention than good news.

Especially if the media has an anti hunters/ shooters stance and they play on the separation modern Australians have from how much mankind manipulates the environment in pursuit of the affluent lifestyle we all crave. In my house for instance my Wife and Daughters have the Bambi syndrome real bad! I stay on song but the anti's message is alive in my house. Very frustrating!

In Australia the shooting sports are fractured. The various pro shooting / hunting organizations do not have a united message, the anti's do and are masterful in how they manipulate and infiltrate the media to get their message out. There are dozens of organizations / clubs all representing what suits their unique charter. The anti's are chipping away at the edges and creating big cracks. If the shooting sports and hunting are to have a future in this country only way is to use the media in they same manner they do and as individuals look at the big picture and not our individual needs and be vigilant and expose the bad apples in our ranks

Comes across as sanctimonious but I also feel I'm horse sitting here speaking to the converted

regards Jacko

"To my deep mortification my father once said to me, 'You care for nothing but shooting, dogs and rat catching, and you will be a disgrace to yourself and all your family.' "

-Charles Darwin

Posts: 34 | Location: Sth East Qld Australia | Registered: 02 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Especially if the media has an anti hunters/ shooters stance and they play on the separation modern Australians have from how much mankind manipulates the environment in pursuit of the affluent lifestyle we all crave. In my house for instance my Wife and Daughters have the Bambi syndrome real bad! I stay on song but the anti's message is alive in my house. Very frustrating!

In Australia the shooting sports are fractured. The various pro shooting / hunting organizations do not have a united message, the anti's do and are masterful in how they manipulate and infiltrate the media to get their message out. There are dozens of pro shooting / hunting organizations / clubs all representing what suits their unique charter. The anti's are chipping away at the edges and creating big cracks. If the shooting sports and hunting are to have a future in this country only way is to use the media in they same manner they do and as individuals look at the big picture and not our individual needs and be vigilant and expose the bad apples in our ranks

regards Jacko

-Charles Darwin

One of Us
Picture of Jacko303.35
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

In Australia the shooting sports are fractured. The various pro shooting / hunting organizations do not have a united message, the anti's do and are masterful in how they manipulate and infiltrate the media to get their message out. There are dozens of pro shooting / hunting organizations / clubs all representing what suits their unique charter. The anti's are chipping away at the edges and creating big cracks. If the shooting sports and hunting are to have a future in this country only way is to use the media in they same manner they do and as pro shooting / hunting organizations / clubs and individuals look at the big picture and not our individual needs and be vigilant and expose the bad apples in our ranks

regards Jacko

-Charles Darwin

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I think the problem is the media in general, guys. The ABC certainly has its share of alternative types but at least you can see where they're coming from. Those on the commercial side spend all their intellectual energy acting butch and pandering to the mercantile demands of their employers.

As to the young girl's opinion piece, well, she's young and a girl. Maybe someone here should send in a rebuttal.

I remember telling a doe-eyed female cadet journo about deer hunting once. She stopped and shook a finger at me:

'You should look that deer in the eye and then see if you can shoot it!'

'It's worked so far,' I said.

But getting back to ducks, I see a big ole mallard drake down at the park pond, having his way with the local females. I was going to dob him in to the authorities until it occurred to me his progeny may be the future of duck shooting. If Miss Anile gets her way blackies will be off the menu ... but noxious species will still be noxious species Wink

Posts: 5000 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote