Find
Notify
Tools

Caught a Kiwi program on the TV ......
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted
Caught some Kiwi TV last night and guess what?

It was nationally televised sheep shearing.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marrakai
posted Hide Post
Baaaaaagger! I missed that one!

Posts: 243 | Location: Darwin, Australia | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
It was a NZ national significant event. A wayward sheep named "Shrek" had managed to avoid the shearers combs for 7 years and they finally caught him/her (?)

The funny thing was they sheared him/her on national TV, the whole works from beginning to end. Fun time in KiwiTown that night. Beers and pop-corn and the family glued to the box. Hot sexy strip action!

(Actually it was an Aussie news story that revealed this. Such hot nude action is not permitted here)

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
They have been showing the saga on FOX News here for the last week. Man, talk about a rolly-polly wool machine. Think they said they got like 60+ lbs. of wool. That's a lot of sweaters. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hell - It even made the National (prime Time) News here in the "States!"

Posts: 324 | Location: SE Wyoming | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Aparently the sheep met the prime minister and has become a bit of a current affair. Only in New Zealand... :S

M82A1

Posts: 23 | Location: Canberra, ACT Australia | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An Australian ventriloquist visiting New Zealand, walks into small village and sees a local sitting on his porch patting his dog.

He figures he'll have a little fun, so he says to the Kiwi "Can I talk to your dog?"

Villager "The dog doesn't talk, you stupid Aussie."

Ventriloquist: "Hello dog, how's it going mate?"

Dog: "Doin' all right."

Villager: (look of extreme shock)

Ventriloquist: "Is this villager your owner?" (pointing at the villager)

Dog: "Yep"

Ventriloquist: "How does he treat you?"

Dog: "Real good. He walks me twice a day, feeds me great
food and takes me to the lake once a week to play."

Villager:(look of utter disbelief)

Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your horse?"

Villager: "Uh, the horse doesn't talk either....I think."

Ventriloquist: "Hey horse, how's it going?"

Horse: "Cool"

Villager: (absolutely dumbfounded)

Ventriloquist: "Is this your owner?" (pointing at the villager)

Horse: "Yep"

Ventriloquist: How does he treat you?

Horse: "Pretty good, thanks for asking. He rides me regularly, brushes me down often and keeps me in the barn to protect me from the elements."

Villager: (total look of amazement)

Ventriloquist: "Mind if I talk to your sheep?"

Villager:(in a panic) "The sheep's a liar."

Sorry Muzza hun...couldn't resist THAT one!!!!

Posts: 29 | Location: Brisbane QLD Australia | Registered: 14 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Aparently the sheep met the prime minister and has become a bit of a current affair. Only in New Zealand... :S

M82A1

What! You mean the PM is having an affair?

posted Hide Post
Aparently so, I guess no kiwi could resist it after lost all that wieght

M82A1

Posts: 23 | Location: Canberra, ACT Australia | Registered: 05 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Sometimes we just get tired of death and mayhem on the tv and prefer something of a more gentle nature. What could be more fun than undressing a smelly old sheep that hadnt changed its clothes for six or seven years, pray tell ?
Interesting to note the ones making all the fuss pretend not to be sheep molestors.....

I would rather have the sheep than the Prime Minister , personally

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Muzza's rather mellow. Must be the Queensland climate.