New
Find
Notify
Tools

Australian rifle parts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone happen to have or know where I can get an extractor for a .310 BSA Cadet (Martini) Rifle?

Don't ask me what happened, when I left Viet Nam, we were winning.

Posts: 444 | Location: Rockport, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Here ya go Ron

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/ca....aspx?filter=459810+

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Muzza! Pretty spendy little buggers aren't they? As much as it hurts for such a small part, I guess I will order one.

Posts: 444 | Location: Rockport, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Do you Yanks get the Aussie Sporting Shooter magazine ? I recall there being adverts in there for various cadet parts , including a rimless case extractor .

But at the end of the day - its an old rifle and they stopped making them a long time back so a part is worth what its worth .

Good luck , nice little rifles - I have one in 218 Bee and another in 22 K-Hornet.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never seen that magazine, I'll look for it.

I built my first cadet rifle in .218 Bee in 1961 in my High School Auto Shop after school. The Auto Shop instructor was a gunsmith. I sold the rifle to travel the world and wish I still had it.

I now want something faster than .218 Bee and have decided on 5.6 X 50R. The current rifles extractor has been opened up to fit a .32 Win Special and I would rather replace it than weld it and re-cut it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Numrich Gun Parts always carries a huge list of gun parts that they don't have and never will have.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
The Cadet extractors are getting as rare as rocking horse poo these days. Check you messages

Hold still varmint; while I plugs yer!
If'n I miss, our band of 45/70 brothers, will fill yer full of lead!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
RonE: I'm looking for you in THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF USA. Somewhere in Downunder #1 and #2 (OZ & NZ) there has to be an old storage shed that has not beeen opened since 1910 that is full of military gun parts. In the US you could trade a extra long #1Mark3 bolthead for the 18yr old family virgin (male or female). Almost all the 310 Cadets that made it here were rebarreled to 357Mag-22Hornets-218 Bees in the 50's.

Posts: 538 | Location: North of LA, Peoples Rep. of Calif | Registered: 27 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Back again. Still looking. Here is a spot in Hoser Land (Cananda) that carries a lot of old military and if the don't have it they might know were to find it. http://www.collectorssource.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RonE if you are still looking it might be worth sending a email to Ken at western firearms in beverly hills ,sydney as he has a truck load of parts for old mil surplus junk ( thats were i buy mine anyway)
it is a tiny little hole of a shop but it is amazing what this guy can find.
if no luck there there there is a gunshow this weekend and parts like that turn up pm me if needed
westernfirearms.com.au

Posts: 110 | Location: sydney australia | Registered: 22 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys for all the help. Thanks to Bob from down under and Bad Ass Wallace especially! I'm still searching but I've narrowed the hunt considerably. Again, thanks!

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you Yanks get the Aussie Sporting Shooter magazine ?

In case you do find that magazine, Ron, be careful not to read the articles. It really is the lowest common denominator, seemingly aimed at 12 year-olds.

- Paul

Posts: 5000 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Would you believe it? A brand new Cadet extractor arrived in the mail today

Many thanks to Eric (Bad Ass Wallace).

I will start my Cadet project right after the first of the year.

Can anyone use a Cadet Barrel that has been rechambered to .32 Winchester Special?

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Glad you got the part mate. I still haven't heard from my gunsmith about it Mad.

Good on you BAW tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7990 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote