New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leaving Katherine
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Well after 5 years living in Tindal, I've been posted. I'm off to Darwin at the end of the year. clap That means I can still hunt AND fish AND crab to my hearts content Big Grin

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7980 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your first preference?

Shooting is FUN, winning is MORE fun but shooting IS fun.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Well after 5 years living in Tindal, I've been posted.

In the US being 'posted' means you've got your picture on the wall in front of the Marshall's Office, along with the reward.

It must mean the same thing in Aus. eh? Big Grin

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
It could mean someone has stuck a stamp on his shiny head and pushed him through the slot out front of the Post Office....?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yes it was my first choise. I wanted to stay but I've been here to long.

No Micky, I've just been transfered.

And I won't even answer Muzza Roll Eyes Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7980 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Good on you mate , at least I have a couple more years to organise a buffalo hunt in the NT with accomodation at your place Smiler

I doubt you would fit through even the parcel slot at the P.O. anyway.....

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'day Bakes, If they still let people do it, try the patrol boat slips at Larrakeyah for Cobia, last time I was there i got one that went 26kg, just off the ramp.

Cheers, Dave.
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I've used that boat ramp. Its VERY Long on low tide Eeker.

No worries Muzza, I'll even set the tent up for you.

one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
Good on you mate , at least I have a couple more years to organise a buffalo hunt in the NT with accomodation at your place Smiler

You could bring over the Zepher and your 12 children,plenty of room for those big units to run around. Big Grin

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Hey Bakes - just a thought - Katherine isnt your wifes name is it ? Hate to think you were telling her to go via the 'net?

Course if you were married to Easy Rollins I could understand why you would do such a thing from a distance... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
Moving to the Big-Smoke Bakesy?The missus will run up the bills now,with shops close by. Cool
I thought you wanted Sale?

Regards,Shaun.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What, and have her really run up the bills? Besides, if he wants to chase Sambar, he can crash with us, in transit.

Cheers, Dave
Non Illegitium Carborundum

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer Sambar.

Yep Easy I did want Sale, but the RAAF didn't Frowner
It all comes down to people numbers.

Hey ,I will be in QLD in Oct. Staying at the Gold Coast for 6 days then up to Tin Can Bay for 4 days. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up.

One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've used that boat ramp. Its VERY Long on low tide Eeker.

No worries Muzza, I'll even set the tent up for you.

ALL the boat ramps are long at low tide up here mate. Smiler

It's mercy, compassion and forgiveness I lack; not rationality.

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey ,I will be in QLD in Oct. Staying at the Gold Coast for 6 days then up to Tin Can Bay for 4 days. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up.

Cool,name the bar down the Coast and I'm there!
Followed by big bore shooting with Bad Ass at you-know-where. Wink Big Grin

Regards,Shaun.

One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
just curious

If you were a teacher, would you take a position in Katherine? This part is serious.

Any 60-ish gun nuts who come from Vic who are into hunting in a big way and love spanials who were teachers here and now teach there?

Or maybe an ex principal (with a Nissan when he should have bought a good L'cruiser) Laurie from Vic on the School of the Air?

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
High school or Primary?

One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted Hide Post
Secondary

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yes I would. The life style is great. Hunting, once you find a property is great. Fishing is great. There is one public school and a Catholic school that goes to year 10. Some of the people might take awhile to get used to however. I would suggest taking a holiday in the area first.