Daniel

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one. Its a zasava.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I'd like one, if only for its name and reputation.

Though no bigger than the 280 Rem, its fame seems to have come from the very fast twist, great, heavy German bullets and hot loads. I recall Nick Harvey writing that the pressure from the 1960s factory ammo was "high as a cat's back".

Posts: 4956 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ho
PM sent
Thanks

Posts: 1478 | Location: AUSTRALIA | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sako Arctos Model 75 in 7x64. I have not had it very long so have not taken very many animals with it. Here in the US I have taken a few whitetail deer and a bobcat with it, and a leopard in Africa. It is a very nice rifle, and I like the caliber.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

I may not be shooting it 'there' but I am shooting one 'here'!

Have a Dan Fraser in 7x64 built on a Mannlicher Schoenauer action with German set triggers and the classic butter knife bolt handle. And a nice piece of wood too!

Have taken lots of deer (red, fallow and roe), mouflon and wild boar with it. Plan on taking it out for an early season roe trip in Brandenburg Germany in two weeks. A joy to shoot (I settled on 162 grain rounds) and IMO a great European cartridge! Also often called the '7x64 Brenneke' amongst the elderly hunters here in Germany after the man that developed the cartridge, Wilhelm Brenneke.

Not sure if that helps you at all but as an additional info brass, dies etc are all available and not expensive this side.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of M.Shy
posted Hide Post
Used to have one long time ago, bent barrel while riding my 175 cc to tough to get to hunting spot
After that, I acquired 308 and never looked back
Excellent cal though

Posts: 131 | Location: Idaho & Montana & Washington | Registered: 24 February 2024Reply With Quote