THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    A Big Thumbs up For Kiwi SWAZI Hunting Gear.

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Big Thumbs up For Kiwi SWAZI Hunting Gear.
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted
Unbiased opinion, as I have no interest in the company.

The Gear worked exceptionally well in Wet Coastal SE Alaska conditions.
Rain, Sleet, Snow hovering around 0 degees C during the day, and below 0 at night.
Always wet conditions.
A bit like Fiordland, only colder.

Most of the time I wore:
Swazi Jewel Bags & Micro Tee thermal layer.
Swazi Bush Shirt: Insulating Layer.
Tahr Anorak: Windproof and Waterproof breathable layer.
Dry Arse shorts and long polypros.
Swazi hush puttees paired with knee length gaiters, kept my feet dry.
The Meindal Makalu Pro boots were comfy and warm.
Only bit of gear I didn't really have sorted was gloves.
The thin Polypro gloves worked best, but were still cold.
The expensive windstopper gloves were a waste of time.
My mate from Tauranga, had some of those Possum/Wool gloves, and he raved about them.

That Swazi gear is so good, that no doubt soon the aussies will claim it was first made in Australia.

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of TheKiwi
posted Hide Post
quote:
That Swazi gear is so good, that no doubt soon the aussies will claim it was first made in Australia.

Ain't that the truth??

It's only funny until some poor bastard gets hurt, then it's hilarious!

Posts: 28 | Location: Canberra Australia | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
just like Phar Lap , Split Enz and pavlova

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4461 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Easy_Rollins
posted Hide Post
It's not made in Oz,but I'm sure it was invented here....just like,

Australian Firsts and Inventions

Democratic Firsts

First place in the world to have a secret ballot in elections (1856)
First Place in the world to give women the vote. (1894)

Legal Firsts
Torrens Title. An Australian invented the worlds first method of land registration. Now in use by many countries around the world.

Sporting Firsts
First country in the world to beat America in it America's cup.
Only country to have attended every modern Olympic games.
The first country to employ skiing as a sport. (1863)
The Australian crawl. Until the 1890's competetive freestyle was done with the head out of the water. (Remember how Tarzan used to swim in the movies?) Australian Dick Cavill popularised it and enabled it to be accepted in world class meetings.

Inventions
The bionic ear, a device that enables some deaf children to hear.
Flexible wine casks... the bag in the box.
The boomerang. Ancient weapon of the aboriginies. Other cultures have throwing sticks but none came back to the thrower if it missed the target.
The Notepad. In the whole history of paper, it had been sold and used in single sheets until in 1902 JA Birchall thought it would be a good idea to stack a pile of half sheets together, back it with cardboard and glue one end.
Making the world's first notepad.
The Electric Drill was the invention of Arthur James Arnot, who patented it in 1889.
Postage stamps. The world's first pre paid postage system was introduced at Sydney in 1838.
The world's first refrigeration plant was an Australian invention of 1858.
To our collective shame, the worlds first bathing beauty contest was held in Australia in 1920.
The famous "black box" flight recorder for recording aeroplane movements was invented in Australia in 1958.
Also in 1958 the worlds first regular 'round the world' airline service was begun.
The inflatable aircraft escape slide, which becomes a raft if the aeroplane ditches in water was an Australian invention of 1965.
The Automatic letter sorting machine - 1930
Two stroke lawn mower.
The rotary hoist washing line.
Lithium as a treatment for manic depression.
Latex gloves 1945

Military firsts
The underwater torpedo, Louis Brennan 1874
The tank (1912 - Lance de Mole)
Paper machine gun belt - dramatically reduced gun jamming while firing.

Biggest
The largest Island in the world.
The flagpole at Parliament house in Canberra is the largest aluminium object in the world.
Sydney Tower is the highest building in the southern hemisphere.
Kalgoorlie in WA is the worlds largest electorate 2,255,278 sq km
The Australian Labor Party is the oldest surviving labor party in the world. (1891)
The worlds largest cattle property is Strangeray Springs in S.A. over 30,000 sq km

roflmao

Regards,Shaun.

Kids in the back seat cause accidents,accidents in the back seat cause kids.

Posts: 479 | Location: Brisbane,Australia. | Registered: 28 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Rollins. Sorry to burst your bubble mate:

http://womenshistory.about.com/library/ency/blwh_first_vote2.htm

I'd say the rest is all bollocks as well, can't trust you aussies.

...."At some point in every man's life he should own a Sako rifle and a John Deere tractor....it just doesn't get any better...."

Posts: 630 | Location: Hawera, Taranaki, New Zealand | Registered: 17 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Thats ok Tim - most of them think that Jo Bielke-Petersen was an aussie as well, along with most of the current actors on their screens .

You have to feel sorry for a nation whose only claim to Cultural Fame is Dame Edna Everage.....
oh , and Skippy the Bush Kangaroo of course...

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4461 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Guys,

Tim I don't know if skiting about being the first to give women the vote is such a wise thing.

Biggest mistake we ever made. Look where it has got us, Helen and co.

Swazi gets the vote with me too. Got a new Wapiti Jacket on friday and promptly dragged it out up on the tops above Lake Sumner. It was blowing like buggery and pissing down.

The old swannie is not even in the race.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I too have enjoyed swazi for several years now. but a warning to full grown guys of 6 feet or so, or 200 lbs: swazi run a full size too small!! I had to return a bunch of stuff, and I usually take an XL, but there stuff barely fits at XXL for some reason. I have spoken to Davie about this, and he just figures we Americans are not as sveldt as his "titanium frame".

But if you are full sized, get XL, and if your are XLUSA, get XXL in Swazi. their 4X4 pants are still too small, even in XXL, for a 38 inch waist and 31 inseam.

Posts: 902 | Location: Denver Colderado | Registered: 13 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
Hamish: How's the game situation at Lake Sumner, one of my old stomping grounds, and still a favourite.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gidday Tim,

There seems to be plenty of deer around Lake Sumner in all the usual (old) places.

We saw plenty of sign on the flats around three mile stream and saw three up on the tops. It took us until 10 pm to climb up there and we stayed out under the fly. In the night the Norwester came up and it pissed down.

Of course with it blowing to hell and gone there were no animals about in the morning but plenty of sign both deer and chamois up high.

Stu tells me there are plenty around the Jolly Brook and the Salmon farm also. Haven't checked that out yet.

Happy Hunting

Hamish

Posts: 588 | Location: christchurch NZ | Registered: 11 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrackersNZ
posted Hide Post
The Mckenzie is one of my favourites. Along with Evangeline Stream, the Jolie and Gabriels.
Have taken some nice Chamois round those parts.
Also Reds and Pigs on offer. Great country and good trout fishing to boot.