Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Update on proposed Compound Bow ban
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
How can a bow owning thread turn into a personal measurement thread?

Must be a guy thing?

OK, so when are the rest of you going to tell us how you measure up?

BE TRUTHFUL too.

Posts: 19159 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
What next? Ban cars? Stastically motor vehicles would have to be one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) cause of death/injury in the world. I could kill or injury more people with a car in one day than i could ever do wit a compound bow, cross bow or even a rifle. What if i went on a mad stabbing spree with a fork? Let me guess... They'll ban forks!

Lets face it guys, If these cockheads get their way, Shooting, bow hunting and just about any activity that requires the use of an even remotely dangerous article, will be a thing of the past!

So my friends, the question i ask to you is: How do we make a difference? Who do we direct our protests to and how do we contact them?

Yawn! Well now that i have that off my chest im off to bed! L8R

Posts: 10 | Location: Adelaide, Australia | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Ann these threads can turn into ANYTHING

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann,

It's the Aussie way! Besides isn't life composed of just 6 activities? Shooting/hunting/fishing/eating/drinking and (well, you get my drift)!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do not think rego will work because most bows do not have serial numbers.
I think the licensing and registration of kitchen knives would be far more effective as they kill more people than guns in Aust, of course they would require safe keeping facilities with inspections of course. Then we could have "cutting edge police". hmmm think I might write to the papers.

Rugeruser you forgot the one most of us have to do to do the other activities - work

Posts: 787 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 15 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
416SW, point taken - totally forgot about that! , My slippery excuse? I draw a distinction between 'life' and 'work'

Thanks for reminding me to get back to it - I'm supposed to be writing a report - boooorrrriiiing!

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Up here in Canuckistan, if the firearm didn't have a number they gave it one on a slip of paper that is supposed to stick to the firearm and stay there forever. It hasn't worked out that way and the slips of paper are apperently suseptable to persperation. Just anouther thing the govt. can't do right! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted Hide Post
Derf,
Haven't you blokes got a repreave, sell your licenced gun and buy a new one that doesn't have to be licenced?

Or is that just another election promise?

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote