Find
Notify
Tools

Best place to sell Rugers
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of GreybeardBushman
posted
Where do readers think is the best place to advertise new rifles here in Aus?
I have a shipment of new Rugers (mainly common calibre) Hawkeyes ($1100) as well as some handguns coming. The local area is pretty well catered for. I have advertised in local papers.
Best ideas anyone?

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of darwinmauser
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2414 | Location: Humpty Doo NT Australia | Registered: 18 August 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
One of the mags GBB? or are you thinking more on-line?

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd say the scrap dealer should see you right Big GrinBig Grin

Happy hunting

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wirehunt:
I'd say the scrap dealer should see you right Big GrinBig Grin

???

Must be Kiwi humour!

I was going to suggest you sell them here with a special discount for Aussie AR members Wink, but I wouldn't worry about selling any to those Kiwis, they seem to have strange ideas about what makes a good rifle.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed. That KIWI is way off...

yet one of my best mates here is a kiwi teacher ( I was in the education profession for 35 years) and he's a great bloke.

Rugers really are under-rated. I had 8 different ones before I became a dealer. Now I am going to own many more....

Let me know if you have any model and calibre in mind and what you think it should cost. Its amazing what can be done.....

Posts: 728 | Location: The Wimmera, Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi GBB ,
Long time , no correspond .
I've sold quite a few new Tikkas on usedguns . Wheels seemed to come off after about December last year due to the global downturn . Haven't advertised there for 3 or 4 months but thinking about having another go .
Regards ,
Keith

The hunting imperative was part of every man's soul; some denied or suppressed it, others diverted it into less blatantly violent avenues of expression, wielding clubs on the golf course or racquets on the court, substituting a little white ball for the prey of flesh and blood.
Wilbur Smith

Posts: 916 | Location: L.H. side of downunder | Registered: 07 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Rugers just dig a deep hole sofa Sako/Tikka are rifles worth owning thumb

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1871 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:

I hope that sofa you are hidding behind is made from Kevlar with ballistic plate inserts!

------------------

But here's my serious slant on the issue - I've owned a lot of guns in my time and quite a lot of them were Rugers but only ever one Tikka and three Sakos - the Tikka and the Sako's were OK rifles but I never understood why everyone raved about them and I sold them a lot time ago and do not miss them. However, I have regretted selling every Ruger I have owned.

My taste in rifles generally leans towards the older, classic and quality guns - I have a particular love for Savage 99s, early BRNOs (ZG47, Model 21 and ZKK series), classic Winchesters (I love 1895's) and Mauser sporters. You'll note the bolt-actions in this list are essentially all Mauser based and so have the classic claw extractor and are CRF (even the Savage 99 is CRF!).

The only modern rifles that fit my taste are from Ruger. Whenever I pick up a new Winchester, Remington, Sako, Tikka, Weatherby etc., I can see that they are good functional rifles but without any real finesse, none of the hallmarks of a truly great rifle and they just do not appeal to me.

So I am up for a new Ruger, no problems!

-----------------------------------

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Might try usedguns as so many mention it. My sales have accelerated over last 12 months and starting to get sales at gun clubs over 100 k from here.
How you been, Bushchook? I'll pm you later in the day. i've got to get ready for Field and game soon.
I've sold quite a few Rugers, Weatherby's and quite a few Norincos here. First time and very occasional shooters buying the Norincos. One Sako 85 in 204 and it is very nice. also sold a few Savage's. I've always liked Rugers and own quite a few. Personal preferance Cool
In shotguns, I've sold a mixed bag- two most popular here have been Mirokus and Zafers!
I have found one interesting thing about buying in stock. What I think will sell and what the buyers want is very often not the same. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TOP_PREDATOR:

Roll EyesRoll EyesRoll Eyes

Sako are now so over priced in NZ that I'll never own another.
I had a Ruger many moons ago in 308, it put me off the make and the calibre bewildered Still have a 10/22 though Smiler
BwanaBob, do you like the Browning's? That X-bolt is probably the better looking/more functional looking rifle I've seen in a while that I would think about owning.

Otherwise in New Zealand for the prices we pay your better off to go get a custom rifle made.

Happy hunting

Posts: 162 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote