Find
Notify
Tools

short warm up
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of greghud
posted
with the big trip comming up next week i slipped out for a quick weekend shoot for a private farm.
i was out with my mate simon, we had talked about a trip for a while and thaught we better do the right thing and tidy up a few pigs as we are both so busy its hard to get out.
we met up with the owners and picked up the keys then headed in to see what was arround. well not 5 mins from the station was a mob of 30+ rite on the side of the road.
me armed with the 30.30 and simon with his rem chambered in 338. opened up and got 6 before the rest of the mob fled.

4 of the 6 in the first mob

we moved on to the next water hole and picked up 6 more with simon hitting a good boar.
set ourselves up for the night and got stuck into the beers. i slept like the dead.
up the next morning and got onto a good solid boar out feeding not 200 mtrs from where we shot 6 pigs the day before.

the stalk in

not a bad boar.

as we were moving about i found a dead buff looked weird and it was stiff from rigomortice so must have died last night.

a funny looking boar with lumps under its belly rotflmo

i think a few piglets just became orphaned Big Grin
we ended up with 20 for the trip just the warm up i needed for the 2 week trip next week
greg

Posts: 383 | Location: top end oz | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Cool

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote