New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had a hunt with a mate
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Nothing on the ground but we explored a new area and bumped a nice big sambar hind. This area we will be hunting a little more. All in all a good morning.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the best hunts you don’t fire a shot.
Out walking with a friend, talking getting out about.

Posts: 1229 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
My sambar hunting over 50 years has been mostly that. Expecting to lose, it comes as a big thing when you do get something.

Posts: 4953 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Had a bloody ordeal today. Went to an area that I'd shot a hind before. Tried another spot and heard a shot followed by someone yelling. It came from the direction of my car. Thought I'd check it out and instead of back traing the easy was I thought I'd take the direct route....FARK ME....it took me 1 hour to cover 500 meters! Eeker The shit I had to bash through. My legs gave out at one stage. I was thinking "This shit will stop soon surely....FARKEN NOPE!

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7973 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
The area I was in today

Old wallow

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Yep, that sounds like sambar country.

I watch out for copses of any bushy trees and try to go around them, often where they meet a copse of some other species, even if it is pricklier.

Lakes? Don't come across them so often.

Posts: 4953 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Thats a swamp behind sand dunes of the 90 mile beach. My next area I want to check out is across that water.

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Sorry, bakes, I should have noticed how flat it was there.