New
Find
Notify
Tools

MY BOY...
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Took the eldest boy out this morning and he used a borrowed shotgun (smaller stock) to down his first ever game animal. Previously he'd only shot his .22 at targets. These are his first animals AND the first time he'd shot a shotgun. Little bugger out shot me (I shot like an old woman CRYBABY)
I'm a very proud Dad jumping

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Big Grin
Now buy him his own!

Posts: 109 | Location: Jabiru NT | Registered: 24 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
good one thumb

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

A hearty Waidmannsheil to your Son from The Fatherland.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Bakes!!! How old your boy??

Cheers
Matt

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
He's 12 Matt. He came onto my permit this year.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

Matt already has it figured out at 12 years of age - aim at the HEAD of the Goose and keep the gun moving; will make you look like a middle-aged girl instead of a woman!

Big Grin

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
congrats bakes

shooting geese is great fun, and it looks your son got the hang of it. now let him teach you how to hit them Smiler)

cheers

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
He's already made me promise to find him his own shotgun when we move down south. Then we'll have to join a club...I'll have to pay for more shells.....my god what have I done! Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

congratulations and very well done!

I think I know how you feel, hunting and fishing with your own kids is much more rewarding than the biggest trophy.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My boy some time ago with his first crow, shot at 80 meters with a .22 Hornet. We had practiced a lot with the air rifle and the .22 lr., Dad was very proud.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Very nice.

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

well done to your young bloke..

I reckon all of us Dads can truly understand that sense of pride you feel when your young 'un nails his first...

Onya...

RU

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I wish you and him many more happy hunts.

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Dahlo
posted Hide Post
Good on you guys. My daughters have shown no inclination to hunt but the new girlfriend has posted some great groups with the 17HMR at the range during the past two weeks. I think we have a new convert in the ranks...

Posts: 4 | Location: Arnhem Land | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Good to see Dahlo,but becareful, she'll start out shooting you Eeker

Welcome to the forum.

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Sweet jobbie by the kids (and the old men that are getting them out there). Wink

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote