New
Find
Notify
Tools

I'm off hunting for three weeks
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I leave tonight for a hunt with Saeed for a bit. I'll post a report when I get back. Play nice, see you all in three weeks Wink

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Thanks for appointing me as moderator while you are gone Bakes...now to kick a few arses haha especially those that bite but don't even put up a rabbit pic!

Ah apoplexy and consternation in the same thought box coming up ...gnuck gnuck gnuck!

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
That's like putting the fox in charge of the hen house Gryph Wink

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Good luck Bakes,if DVDs over the years are anything to go by you are in for a great safari.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1871 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Have a great trip Bakes. Gryph was only joking , by the way ... ;-)

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4462 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Tony does not know what he is in for!

He is going to be sharing a tent and a truck with Walter rotflmo

Walter does not know who he is going to share his hunt with rotflmo

Yesterday he spent almost an hour talking to Alan in Tanzania, trying to give him instruction of what to have ready at the camp.

Things like a fenced area on the river bank as his own private swimming pool, far from the crocs.

He asked the other day who his tent mate was going to be.

"Who is my new hunting mate?"
"You will meet him on Thursday"
"What happens if I don't like him?"
"I know you won't like him. That is why he is being put with you"

"What happens if he does not like me?"
"He doesn't. He has already told me that, and he is going to make your life a bloody misery!"

"You mean more than you, Roy and Alan do every year?"

"Yes, despite all our efforts, you continue coming back for more. Now we want to see if we can convince you to stay home"

"Listen, running away from my wife for 3 weeks is worth anything you all can dish out. And another thing. That ipad you gave me with lots of movies on does not work any more"

"What have you done with it now? I thought you said you were enjoying the movies"

"I did. But I updated it to iOS7, and now I cannot get into it. It needs a password, and I tried all the passwords I normally use. Now it is locked!"

"You should check on the Net for a solution"

"I spent hours doing that. I even read that some people were using their nipples to open it, and some used their cats and dogs paws"

"There you go then, try all these"

By this time, I was laughing so much, and he was getting very upset!

"You are not much help, as usual. What can I do now?"

"Wait till Thursday, as you are in luck. Tony, your new safari partner, is an expert in IT. I am sure he will fix it for you"

"Then can you tell him to hurry up and come here. I like those movies"

"Why did you update it anyway?"

"You see, you are asking stupid questions again. I DON'T KNOW why. I just did"

WE will have to wait and see how Tony helps Walter.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67316 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Saeed, You are a gorgeous man BUT you think Bakes does not know what he is in for??? You do realise he is an Aussie????

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Years ago I hade an Aussie friend.

His name was Denis, and he used to drink about 2 cases of beer a day!

He was a very nice man, and when we asked him to stop drinking at the shooting range, he used to say; "This is not a drink! This is aiming lotion!"

One day at his house for a BBQ, I asked his wife "Where did you find this man?"

He answered "Listen mate! I will have you know that ancestors where hand picked by Her Majesty's judges!"

One day he came over stone drunk. And when I asked him if he wanted me to drive him home, he said "no mate, I am staying here tonight. The wife does not want me there"

A little while later, his wife called and asked me to tell him to come home.

"Denis, your wife called, she wants to go home"

"I should have gone home before she wanted me back! Now I am really in the deep end"

"Come, I will drive you home. And don't forget to get up early, I will pick you at 6 to go bird shooting"

"I think I will stay awake. If I go to sleep I won't wake up"

Posts: 67316 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
Then you already now what you are getting yourself into.
Gluten for punishment....

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ozhunter:
Saeed,
Then you already now what you are getting yourself into.
Gluten for punishment....

I think Tony has just realized what HE was getting into!

He met Walter, and had a rather nice introduction to his character rotflmo

I will not ruin the fun, I will leave it to Tony to tell you the story.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good on you guys - I am sure you will have a great time!! tu2

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Just a quick check in before the internet shuts off. First days hunting, stalked in on some impala but found nothing of a good size. Same with a buff herd, got about 20 meters from the edge of the herd but didn't see any hard bulls. Lots of waterbuck around, saw some kudu cows, warthog , a few zebra and kongoni.

Walter has been great, we did have an incident in Dubai that I will tell you about later....I think he's just misunderstood!

As I type this I can hear lion roaring!

Check in again soon. Wink

One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
leave your camera behind Bakesy?

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

one of us
posted Hide Post
Tony:

Good luck man!! Keep us posted on this site if you can. So far pics look great.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Lucky fella! Have fun!

Photos???

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11019 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Check out the African forum guys. Saeed is updating as we go.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
An adventure of a lifetime. Good on you Bakes. Watching intently.

Posts: 4317 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
An adventure of a lifetime. Good on you Bakes. Watching intently.

+1

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The reports are great Bakes.... Looks like a hell of a trip.....

Cheers,
Mark.

Posts: 557 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 13 February 2007Reply With Quote