Find
Notify
Tools

Service Rifle shooters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bad Ass Wallace
posted
Anyone out there in Aus/NZ stoot ex-military for fun?

I shot my 577/450 in SSAA service rifle comp 2 weeks ago and in the 'heat of battle' the steel butt caught me and I'm still wearing the bruise. The soldiers from 130 years ago must have been tough bastards; least a Zulu spear doesn't kick the shit out of ya!

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
BAW, once our range is open we will be conducting military shoots. If we can get people interested we'll see about taking on the Darwin boys.

Posts: 7979 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've shot military rifle for about 10 years it is great fun cheap to get into and there are some fantastic people that i have meet from all over Oz how many other shooting sports can you buy a rifle for $150-250 and have a chance to shoot a possible? ( the Swede's rule the roost but a good no4 or no1 Lee Enfield can sure give them a run for there money)
about the only downside is an illness that does not allow one to walk out of a gunshop with out some sort of new Exmil rifle it can be a debilitating illnessSmiler
it is also a bit hard to find decent surplus ammo for a reosanble price these days

Posts: 249 | Location: Australia | Registered: 13 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

( the Swede's rule the roost but a good no4 or no1 Lee Enfield can sure give them a run for there money)

You ain't seen what a good M17 30.06 can do. Really I've been participating for over 25 years and by the nature of the course of fire ANY ex-military in good condition can win.

Posts: 1785 | Location: Kingaroy, Australia | Registered: 29 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Alright BAW, I'll look forward to seeing you at the SSAA state champiomships the first weekend in May at Millmerran Branch.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If he has the time I hope he comes up there GK and opens up a can of Whoop Ass.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'v had my time at State & Nationals and these days I am flat out seeing the bloody targets at 200 & 300 although I manage to scratch 135+ most club days..
I'm already committed to 'Billy Dixon 24/25th April and unfortunately one can't do them all and still run a business.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Well BAW you beat me to gold for grade by one point at Belmont in '98, possible revenge could be one reason I'd like to see you. But maybe not, if you're still shooting 135+ I'm licked before you leave home 'cause I have'nt done that for a while.

Posts: 336 | Location: Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia | Registered: 09 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Geekay,
Shot Service Rifle at Belmont today and finished with 144.13.
I've shot better in the past, but not with a 577/450 Martini, 500gn cast projectile and 2FG Black Powder!!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh bugger!
Forgot it was on.
Well done BA.

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Its called ALTZHEIMERS , old timer. What was your name again?

Posts: 4458 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We call it CRAFT disease - Can't Remember a Fucken Thing!