New
Find
Notify
Tools

Resident hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Do Australian residents hunt buffalo? I usually only see pictures of Pigs or Scrub bulls. Are the best areas leased out? How much does it cost for a resident to go on a first class hunt for Buffalo? How much is the average cost of a non resident guided Buffalo hunt?

Here in Alaska a resident can hunt in a great Brown bear area for ap. $1000-$2000 us ( The cost to fly out ). It's common for a outfitter to charge $10,000-$15,000 to hunt Brown bear in the same area.

I am interested to see how the cost of these hunts compare.

>

Posts: 599 | Location: Soldotna Alaska | Registered: 05 May 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Yes they do. You can hunt buff if you have access to the private land they are on. If not you have to go through a guide. Cost depends on the guide and the service they offer. A search on these forums should turn up some links for Aussie guides. Aussie guides should be charging in Aussie dollars so it wouldn't be to pricey for you guys from the states. $10,000-$15,000 would (should) get you a buff, scrub bull, donkeys and all the pigs you can shoot.

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted

Bakes.

How you going? have you got over this mornings endurance test. Thought I'd have a go at sending a photo. fingers crossed.

Gary.

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
I came home and went to sleep

Did you post the pic or Matt

Posts: 7981 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
<gary_hall>
posted
Matt helped me, but I did alot of swearing in the back ground.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I know you don't usually bother with the meat, but does WB taste any good?
How do you guys go about getting permission? Is it all about the contacts or do many places allow you to call and reserve for a fee?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
I haven't had water buffalo meat for ages but it was similar to rich red beef from memory. No reason not to eat it. Yum.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Robert

You can hunt with an outfitter from about US$6500 for the hunt plus a trophy fee of a water buffalo. You can always pay more if you wish of course.

Usually you can hunt some pigs, fish for the excellent barramundi and other fish, if in season shoot magpie geese and ducks. Maybe a scrub bull for a nominal trophy fee. A really nice balanced and varied safari can be put together. Drop me a line if you are interested in some contacts.

Aussies if hunting with an outfitter may get the price a small amount cheaper sometimes. People with contacts may get onto properties, but nowadays the landowners see the WB as potential income so may still want an equivalent trophy fee anyway. The old days of unlimited WB and them being widespread are history. Also there is water buffalo and their are trophy water buffalo.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HiWall
posted Hide Post

TUFF - allo!

Posts: 323 | Location: Back Home in Aus. | Registered: 24 September 2001Reply With Quote