New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dodged a bullet
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Bit of relief around the Baker house. The RAAF was going to kick me out for my Sleep apnoea and weight issues amongst other things. I appealed and yesterday my appeal was upheld and I'll be reviewed in 6 months time. That won't be a problem because with all the weight I've lost (11kg so far) my sleep apnoea has all but gone.

I had some very bad advice from my doctor and had not attemped a fitness test for awhile (on her advice) that on top of the sleep apnoea and some weight gain caused the Airforce to say that I'd never be fit for deployment. Well I lost the weight, passed my fitness test and basicly stuck it to them. I was under a fair bit of stress of late as we were going for a loan to build our dream home and I get hit with the possibility of loosing my job. But on the same day I heard about my appeal we were told we got the loan approved. dancing So now we will be under a different sort of stress as we build a house!

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of choppa
posted Hide Post
Thats good news mate, the old defence force can be a bit funny about that sort of thing, seen a lot of mates messed over by the adf, due to injuries and other things related, was in 1 RAR for 6 years up in Townsville, any sign of being undeployable and see you later dont miss it one bit, the mateship that I miss i find in the mining industry now, and the pay is a bit better.

Posts: 137 | Location: Australia Vic Woorarra | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Well done Bakesy,

Don't let those RAAF bastards give you a hard time and congratulations on the loan approval.

Final settlement finally went through on my house today but the last few days were unbelieveably stressful as our conveyancer kept finding discrepencies between the loan approval and the final settlement amount. We have been back and forth to the banks getting bank cheques to make up shortfalls only to be told, only hours later, that another shortfall was found. Finally, all the dollars worked out and then we had another problem where the previous owners still hadn't finished moving out and the place was a total pig pen! So, more legal manouvering to get them to pay for cleaners - I tell you, buying a house is bloody hell!

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good news Bakesy!

The ADF certainly have a strange way of doing things - back in April 08 I applied to rejoin the Reserves (I was a Sgt in the early '70's, and a Lt in Psychcorp in the early '90's) and during the 'interview process' was immediately referred to the CO of Psychcorp and classified by him as a 'high value recruit'... 'coz I'm a psych.

Also turns out that he's a hunter as well.... dancing

All good, but by the time the recruiting people got the paperwork together, it was mid July 08 - oh dear - I turned 56 in early July 08, so was now outside their age limit... no problemo says CO Psychcorp, we'll get special dispensation and get you on board.... (by this time we'd become friends)...

Every three months or so I get a phone call from recruiting to see if I'm still interested (I am) and I keep telling them that they are waiting for the dispensation thingy... that I know for a fact was lodged by CO Psychcorp.

I've even asked them to check that it hasn't been put on my son's file (he's also applying, but at 18, is somewhat younger)...

By the time they get their act together, I'll be making that final journey through the hot curtain!! Roll Eyes

A gun is a tool. A moron is a moron. A moron with a hammer who busts something is still just a moron, it's not a hammer problem. Daniel77

Posts: 1275 | Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
quote:
The ADF certainly have a strange way of doing things

Your not wrong mate, there are two blokes in my section both with different problems, they have not passed a PFT for 8 and 5 years respectivly and the RAAF has treated them totally differently to me Confused

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7991 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
beer salute
robz

"the older I get, the better I was"

Posts: 462 | Location: Coogee, Australia | Registered: 26 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gbanger
posted Hide Post
Good on you, Bakes.

Gpopper

Posts: 296 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 March 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
SmilerGood luck bakes.
You could always get a job as a queensland copper! they all seem to have a baby Bridgestone Big Grin

Posts: 14 | Location: aus | Registered: 13 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
Bit of relief around the Baker house.

I had some very bad advice from my doctor and had not attemped a fitness test for awhile (on her advice) that on top of the sleep apnoea and some weight gain caused the Airforce to say that I'd never be fit for deployment. Well I lost the weight, passed my fitness test and basicly stuck it to them.

Congradulations! I guess you learned not to use female doctors.

Don't ask me what happened, when I left Viet Nam, we were winning.

Posts: 444 | Location: Rockport, Texas | Registered: 19 August 2007Reply With Quote