New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hoeneber brass prices
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone tell me the price of this brass and how i can get some of it in Aus ? have tried calling John Clapham without success ,thanks for any info

Posts: 625 | Location: Australia | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
Keep trying John.

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Ozhunter said ring John leave a contact number and he will return it(his number 0429 990 067) If you buy it per the hundred he should give you a better price.Also note that if he doesn't have the brass in stock it can take six months or more to get it as it is all hand made not mass produced but it is more than worth the wait

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Yes, just keep trying John and he will return your call unless your number is hidden or anonymous.

I talk to John all the time and normally I call his number and wait for him to call me back because his work commitments don't always allow him to answer my call directly.

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tankhunter, What brass are you after (600NE? Smiler. I wouldn't mind some 600NE (soon) and maybe 470Capstick (eventually).

Best, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1906 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of peterdk
posted Hide Post
tankhunter, have you tried to contact dieter horneber yourself, he is a very plesant man.
and i think he would send you whatever you requested.

my expirence is that most people that sell his cases are shylocks and money grubbing a...holes.

i special ordered 50 cases in 20/577, yes the wait is long but at just below 3 euro's per case
i don't mind waiting.

best regards

peter

Posts: 1336 | Location: denmark | Registered: 01 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Peterdk ,no i havent tried to contact him directly [i dont know his address]plus i dont know how hard it is to import brass into australia ,no doubt hard ! i might look at bertram .Thanks Gents for the help suggestions

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tankhunter! Don't get Bertrams ! you will be dissapointed I had some that I used and couldn't reload them again when I ordered a new batch the rebate on the rim's was different and didn't fit the shell holder! for a few extra dollars wait and by it form John you will get a good price

Posts: 896 | Location: Langwarrin,Australia | Registered: 06 September 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Johannsen Jagd carries Horneber brass in Germany, they are good to deal with and possibly ship abroad.

Posts: 8211 | Location: Germany | Registered: 22 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BwanaBob
posted Hide Post
Tankhunter,

I don't know why you are having so much trouble contacting John Clapham - I talk to John regularly. And I don't think it will work talking to Dieter Horneber direct as he will most likely refer you back to John.

Perhaps you can try John's email address - jkguns@bigpond.com - and make contact that way.

cheers,
Bob

"White men with their ridiculous civilization lie far from me. No longer need I be a slave to money" (W.D.M Bell)
www.cybersafaris.com.au

Posts: 909 | Location: Blackheath, NSW, Australia | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tankhunter:
i might look at bertram .

So your into wasting money? stir I and others have had too many problems to use Bertram as anything but an absolute last resort.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Bob i havent had the time to contact him at the moment due to marital dramas keeping me ''entertained '' thanks again for help and advice, will get back to it when things have sorted themselves out