THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Great old Pig Hunt Video- from Archive NZ library 1948

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great old Pig Hunt Video- from Archive NZ library 1948
 Login/Join

posted
Here is one from yesteryear for the more mature among us.And its a ripper for sure

http://www.ecasttv.co.nz/progr...l_id=112&group_id=51

Farmers go on a pig hunt in the backblocks of Taranaki after losing 100 lambs to wild pigs in a week

Posts: 3 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 16 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
30 pigs in a day! Those were the days!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11019 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I farmed on the Whangamomona side, A few ridges over from the Maikahikatea valley mentioned.
Its still rough country, much only accessable by horse and foot. And still a haven for pigs, and lamb killers. Some days I'd go mustering and come home with ripped up dogs or have to abandon the muster because my dogs had taken off after pigs. Always an adventure and the thing's those old timers did to make farming possable in those areas boggles the mind. No wonder we had next to no unemployment.

Posts: 4315 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote