Notify
Tools

Snakes Alive
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted
https://www.9news.com.au/natio...29-a7ce-fd5dfd7aadbb

Now after being bitten three times by the second most venomous snake in the world, why would you drive home? Hospital handy in the vicinity and ambulances available. Sadly dummy didn't make it.
Why don't you just shoot the f..kers, the snakes that is not the dummies, instead of catching and relocating them. We get along without snakes just fine.

https://www.9news.com.au/natio...29-a7ce-fd5dfd7aadbb

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Why wouldn't you call a proper snake catcher and not a mate Roll Eyes

The term fucken idiot comes to mind.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Probably unable to shoot the snake seeing how it was in a child care centre. Snakes are protected here too, so not much choice with the public watching. The favoured form of disposal is a long handled shovel.

Still, they should have called in a pro to deal with it.

Posts: 499 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 19 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JFE:
Probably unable to shoot the snake seeing how it was in a child care centre. Snakes are protected here too, so not much choice with the public watching. The favoured form of disposal is a long handled shovel.

Still, they should have called in a pro to deal with it.

Years ago a very short barreled single shot 410 shotgun was specially made here in NZ called a Kea gun. It was made for high country farmers to kill our native alpine parrot called a Kea who became pests and killed young lambs or ewes when down giving birth on high country farms. The kea gun just had a pistol grip and only just made the minimum length preventing it being classed as a pistol. Now banned here but ideal snake medicine I suggest. BTW the alpine parrot is fully protected but still a bloody pest when around camp or hunting in our alpine regions.

Posts: 3847 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some cullers were quite ambitious with the game they tried to take with their Kea gun loaded with a slug or the pellets stuck together with candle wax. Not me of course!

Posts: 294 | Location: New Zealand  | Registered: 24 March 2018Reply With Quote