Find
Notify
Tools

Top End hunting report
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Marrakai
posted
Just discovered this Aussie Forum, so felt compelled to chuck in a post on yesterday's successful hunt.

Wrote up a quick report, if you're interested have a look here:

http://www.hotkey.net.au/~orrs/OctoberHunt.htm

Cheers all.

Posts: 243 | Location: Darwin, Australia | Registered: 12 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Some nice pigs there Marrakai. I'm going out again next saturday to a hidden little creek. If I get a good boar I'm going to try my hand at mounting it. And not that kind of mounting either [Wink]

Bakes

Posts: 7978 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damn, it looks a good time can be had by all concerned. If there were job opportunities DOWNUNDER, I might be tempted to go there. The only thing is that WTF am I to do with all my handguns? I guess I'll just have to meander down there sometime in the next year or two. [Cool] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

<richard powell>
posted
Well done guys !! This grizzled Canucker gotta do this kinda hunt one of these days ... [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
What the hell I'm doing living in Uruguay??? [Confused]

Marrakai, thanks for sharing, I'm green of envy. Congrats
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
<richard powell>
posted
Lorenzo, you live in Uruguay because of fine folks like Mario, The Gaucho, Blondie ... fierce Russian Wild Boars, travelling rednecks, excellent beef,water you can drink, houses that you don't have to lock ... should I go on, amigo ? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks Richard, but yes, you must continue...
These people just walk around shooting pigs and buffaloes as we shoot ostriches [Big Grin]

Maybe next year I'll think different [Wink]

LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
<richard powell>
posted
Lorenzo, if you and I were to go hunting in Oz, how would we understand what those chaps were saying ? I had a couple of very nice Australian chaps in the same hunting camp on the Humani in Zimbabwe one time . About the only thing that I understood in ten days or more was that there were a lot of 'bloody wankers' around ... ??? It would be great fun to whack a buffalo and a few hogs .. I admit that .