Find
Notify
Tools

Went fishing with the boy today
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Lots of small stuff. Only one keeper Bream. Did come across this

How would you like to rock on down to the river to have a nice weekend away on your yacht only to find.... rotflmo

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
To my uninitiated eyes it looks like it's been submarining for a while - the algae on the sail and mast sort of give me that impression.

And, yes, it would certainly spoil an outing.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tony:
Saw another one just about like it off shore of Cedar Key Fla in July '11. Another sailor too.
Steve said the guy had tried hard to find the groove and gave up when he bottomed out. Spent a couple days on it sideways and decided to just "hull it and leave it there". I guess even high tide wouldn't raise it up enough to float for weeks.

To me, it sounds like a case of bad attitude on that one. Hard telling what happened in your crik.

Wish you well mate and Merry Christmas.
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised there isn't a hazard marker near it.

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas to you to George

John, its in a line with other moored boats. But yes it should be marked OR make the owner remove it.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony;
too bad it wasn't. and yesterday's paper told about a terrible fire here in town that hit close to me. My room mates 25y/o neice & 3y/o boy died in it, her 5y/o was flown to CO Spgs to a burn unit. The girls Mother, Rhonda's sister is in the local ICU in critical condition. Rhonda has been staying with Mark the last few days and he's a real a/h about answering the phone. I finally got hold of her late this afternoon.
Think it's her only sister and no brothers, their Mom died yrs ago and Dad never around ever I guess.

You guys that pray, please send some their way.
George
PS: you can read about it at: www.chieftain.com in the 26th's paper. "Christmas Fire kills two".

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Bloody Hell George what a terrible thing to happen, my condolences to your room mate.

One of Us
Picture of Bren7X64
posted Hide Post
Terrible thing to happen, George.

For what it's worth, I wish your roommate and family the strength to carry on.

--
Promise me, when I die, don't let my wife sell my guns for what I told I her I paid for them.

Posts: 1048 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 03 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of gryphon1
posted Hide Post
Surprised that someone hasnt claimed uit under salvage rules of the sea..They are not that hard to refloat.

Posts: 87 | Location: Victoria Australia | Registered: 07 September 2002

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. I'll pass it along to Rhonda when she gets back.

Some decent news to update with though.
Tammy, the sister/grandmother got out the 27th. had been treated for smoke inhalation same as killed the girl and her son. No word on the other boy yet though.

News last night (30th here). Some type flammable was near the kitchen stove. They haven't ID'd what it was yet. AND, apparently the smoke was so bad the girl couldn't find the door while carrying the boy. She did find the couch and rolled it over to hide them under it. So she was thinking a bit, too bad the smoke got to them before help, or air did.

There really hasn't been much further info in the paper yet.

Happy New year, hope this is the one we've been waiting for. Can't be much worse than the last two for me.

Doc said he'd put a new L shoulder in for me, looks like mid to late Jan though. Had an MRI yesterday, but, nurse told me today they want me to see a heart dr first. Hell, never had a problem there, but I am almost 70, maybe that's the reason. Never had such run around sue bs for surgery before trying to get shoulders done. They didn't even draw blood for my last belly surgery mid Oct. Now another nose swab to see if I have any infection, then the heart dr. Crap, am about ready to go see VA again.

Stay outta trouble no matter where you are!
George

"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

George L. Dwight