THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    1964 Ford/Lotus Cortina and others at auction

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1964 Ford/Lotus Cortina and others at auction
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

I attended an auction yesterday here in Australia, where a 1964 Ford/Lotus Cortina was up for auction.
It was handed in as it did not reach it's reserve price.

For more information see; Lot 477 http://www.johncooperauctionee...=150900#.WDn8gVztsS4
Here is the Catalogue; http://images.johncooperauctio...150900/catalogue.pdf
There were several other vehicles, including a custom H/D Chopper (Lot 473A) etc, that also didn't reach the reserve.

Regards
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
I can't open those links. Is the car white with dark green along the side at the back by any chance?

Posts: 4964 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Sambarman,

Yes mate it is just as you described!
And its a stunning example, as well!

Doh!
Homer

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Homer:

Friend/neighbor had a red one a few yrs ago,
sold it. No clue how much or anything. Jack's around 90 and failing so he's parting with most of his toys.

Friend Ricky drives and is slowly on limited income cherrying out a '65 Fairlane now.

I have a '69 chevy C10, built to be a work truck when I was doing such things. Turbo 400 trans is out of it now. Lackabucks so it's just sitting.

Take care mate, interesting stuff.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day George,

Nice insight into what's being driven around your area!
There were no shortage of Classic's back then!
Not something we can say about the present bunch, eh!

Regards
Homer

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Homer,
I saw one of that description at a Concourse ... up at Winton a few years ago.

I wonder how they improved on the ordinary old Cortina of that shape.

Posts: 4964 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy Homer:

Not many oldies around these days. Another Fairlane wagon is up the street about 4 blocks, think it's around a '62-3. So long ago I've forgotten the exact details of the grills. Young guy that just moved from across the street from me had a '73 Charger, fine looking refreshed rig. Sounded :COOL!

About 20yrs ago I had a '72 T/bird, one of those "Go Fast" cars. 429, 11:1 compression.

Until around '75 I'm guessing, a neighbor of the folks drove a Model A. He'd have to be 110 yrs old by now, others live in the house now, most houses over there really.
In the '50's there was lots of the oldies around. I miss seeing them.

First part of June Pueblo hosts the "national street rods". Be interesting to look them up for you guys. Just about every kind and make of iron ever built has been rebuilt to modern gear and in this show of over 2500 cars.

Some OLDIES on saubier.com "reminincing" by kiwi. Check it out.

Best to you,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:
Thanks Homer,
I saw one of that description at a Concourse ... up at Winton a few years ago.

I wonder how they improved on the ordinary old Cortina of that shape.

With the first of them the mods were pretty extensive: twin cam Lotus engine, close ratio gearbox, significant suspension mods, better brakes, stiffening to the body, moving the battery to the boot to improve weight distribution, and aluminium doors, bootlid and bonnet and other changes to reduce weight. 0-60 was roughly halved compared to the stock item, to about 9s. As time went on some of the mods were dropped, and the performance wasn't quite as sharp.

They were a good looking car, and pretty quick for their time.

Posts: 92 | Location: follow the yellow brick road | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Thanks Dan, yes they were a good-looking car, in that low-waisted style redolent of the BMW 2002 etc.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

Da_oz, Thank You for the detailed insight into this great little car.

Yes Sambarman338, they are still a great lookin little car.

I seen the Cortina again the other day but didn't have my camera with me. Maybe next week.

Regards
Homer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
G'Day Fella's,

I finally remembered the camera, so here is the link, https://forum.nosler.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=34383

George, on this same link, there is also a few images of another very special car, just for you.

Enjoy
Homer