New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great Birthday fishing trip
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
Took the family up to my olds place for a few days. Put the boat in and had a great day with my boys. Got a heap of Gar as well which we will consume tonight. The whiting went down nicely last night in a bit of tempura batter tu2

For those that don't know whiting, that bottom one is a bloody nice size fish Big Grin The second from the top is the legal limit at 23cm.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those whiting have a bonefish like snout. Do you know if they are any relation? They dig shrimp, crabs and the like out of the mud I assume.

Good fishing,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Nice crab! I can taste it as a Chillie Crab!

Is that the bright kid who got good grades?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
That's him mate...the genius rotflmo

Don't know it they are related Maki but they have the same eating habits. These were caught on a salt water yabby they you suck up out of the mud/sand with a yabbie pump.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
salt water yabby .

Can you translate that into English? Big Grin

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0wU2QFCUsg

Here you go mate

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony.
Man that guy is QUICK ain't he?

They good to eat too, or why was he patting his belly? (no speakers on this thing)

One more day to this miserable year.
OR is it on the last few hours down "south?
Wish you well and hope this next one is the one we've all been looking for.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5944 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
No those yabbies are just bait. We have a fresh water yabbie that's like your crawfish that is good eating. I have some traps in some near by dams as I type. Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bakes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0wU2QFCUsg

Here you go mate

Thanks, Mate.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote