THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM DOWN UNDER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Australian and New Zealand Hunting    Funny Ducks ( warning to Aussies - this story has pics of semi auto guns )

Moderators: Bakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Funny Ducks ( warning to Aussies - this story has pics of semi auto guns )
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted
Last weekend saw us checking out a new property for ducks as our duck season is drawing to a close. Unfortunately the ducks were not being very cooperative so we went and checked out the boundary with a forst block as the farm owner has goat problems from the pine block next door.

Rode the quad up to the ridgetop and spied a couple of little goats on our side of the fence , eating the farmers saved pasture. I stood on the ridge in view of the goats whilst the two lads used the ridgeline as cover to sneak up on the goats and surprise them over the ridgeline.

The boys managed to get to within 20 metres or so of the little goats, after a fair bit of arm waving and pointing and mental telepathy on my part , and managed to pot both goats with headshots , one shot each.

Not too bad for using birdshot , and the 12 ga had steel shot as well. Its maybe not very exotic but its the hunting thats available to us locally , so we do what we do.

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A pair of 'snack packs'. Big Grin

Well done to the young blokes. tu2

Posts: 351 | Location: Junee, NSW, Australia | Registered: 13 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
good on the young fellas.

Looks nice country there.

I don't need the right license classification to look at photo... yet!

Cheers, Chris

DRSS

Posts: 1908 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very nice Muzza. They would be perfect on a spit tu2

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Never mind the autos - the one on the left is hardly there at all.

Posts: 4967 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Foxhunter223
posted Hide Post
I have been inoculated for semi auto, just spent a fantastic 7 days duck shooting at Lake Ellesmere. Took my Beretta SP1 with me and was the only non semi auto I saw the whole time.
Pete Smiler

Posts: 232 | Location: Northern NSW Australia | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Make great goat curry & Biriyani!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
The next chapter in the story is titled "Small Goats Meet Mincer" , with the pun fully intended ;-)

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4457 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote