New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold 6.5x20 AO
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Building my "hunter class" silhouette rifle and now focusing on optics. This rifle will also be used for Pronghorn and longer range Coyote. In the past I used a 4x16 AO Sightron and liked it, but wanted a little more magnification. I figure no less than 6x for hunting, and at least 20x for Rams and Turkeys. The Vari III 6.5x20x looks like the ticket.

Thoughts?

Deke.

Posts: 691 | Location: Somewhere in Idaho | Registered: 31 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You will want one with target turrets of course.I used a 6,5 x 20 EFR for 10 years[small bore] mine had a large dot from Premier Reticles .Since our small bore sillywett died out I moved the scope over to my varmint rifle and changed the reticle to the varmint hunter. Mine has always tracked fine, others have reported problems. Some like the Weaver t-16 ,and t-24 I owned both of these also, but felt they were not as bright as the Leupold.

One of Us
Picture of billinthewild
posted Hide Post
thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 4263 | Location: Pinetop, Arizona | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deke:
The Vari III 6.5x20x looks like the ticket.

Thoughts?

Deke.

I had one on my antelope gun, changed that rifle to 4.5X - 14X and put the 6.5X-20X on a .22 RF target gun, now used for benchrest. Nice scope.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14370 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own several scopes cheap too High dollar of almost everybody's brand .

Look through a Nikon side by side with Leupold see any difference ?. I didn't and the Nikon has does everything that Leupold does for less money !.

I liked the New Nikon Monarch Gold series so much I bought 2 , so far my targets show the results . Hard to beat Nikon for the Money in my opinion .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote