The Accurate Reloading Forums
Leupold 6.5x20 AO

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5611043/m/964109638

22 March 2008, 22:02
Deke
Leupold 6.5x20 AO
Building my "hunter class" silhouette rifle and now focusing on optics. This rifle will also be used for Pronghorn and longer range Coyote. In the past I used a 4x16 AO Sightron and liked it, but wanted a little more magnification. I figure no less than 6x for hunting, and at least 20x for Rams and Turkeys. The Vari III 6.5x20x looks like the ticket.

Thoughts?

Deke.
24 March 2008, 03:08
Leadlobber
You will want one with target turrets of course.I used a 6,5 x 20 EFR for 10 years[small bore] mine had a large dot from Premier Reticles .Since our small bore sillywett died out I moved the scope over to my varmint rifle and changed the reticle to the varmint hunter. Mine has always tracked fine, others have reported problems. Some like the Weaver t-16 ,and t-24 I owned both of these also, but felt they were not as bright as the Leupold.
28 March 2008, 10:25
billinthewild
thumb

"When you play, play hard; when you work, don't play at all."
Theodore Roosevelt
18 April 2008, 20:17
TomP
quote:
Originally posted by Deke:
The Vari III 6.5x20x looks like the ticket.

Thoughts?

Deke.

I had one on my antelope gun, changed that rifle to 4.5X - 14X and put the 6.5X-20X on a .22 RF target gun, now used for benchrest. Nice scope.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)
18 April 2008, 21:53
Dr.K
I own several scopes cheap too High dollar of almost everybody's brand .

Look through a Nikon side by side with Leupold see any difference ?. I didn't and the Nikon has does everything that Leupold does for less money !.

I liked the New Nikon Monarch Gold series so much I bought 2 , so far my targets show the results . Hard to beat Nikon for the Money in my opinion .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute