THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    Ater-market trigger purchase advise: Rem XP-100...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ater-market trigger purchase advise: Rem XP-100...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gentlemen:

I have an XP-100 converted to a rifle in .22 Dasher. Its for rockchucks. Which trigger should I use? I am not a benchrester, but I'd like something that will let me go down to a pound or perhaps a little less. Just want a quality adjustable trigger without breaking the bank.

Any advise is appreciated.

Jordan

Posts: 3478 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know there was one. Doesn't the trigger on the XP have a weird combination of long rods, levers etc. due to the grip location? Of course if your XP action is the basis for the rifle then this problem may have been overcome already.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm with Peter about the stock position. If you are using the factory stock, best you could do would be a trigger job by a competient gunsmith.I don't think it would be safe to try to get the factory trigger as low as you want. Ed Brown makes a replacement pistol stock that will reposition the trigger and get rid of all that linkage. Then you can go with a Jewell hunting trigger. It can be set to the weight of pull you want.

Posts: 1 | Location: south Georgia USA | Registered: 21 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When XP-100 actions are used to make rifles, a 700 style trigger can be used. I would suggest a Jewell. They are pricey but, the best on the market.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level

Posts: 1283 | Registered: 15 December 2008Reply With Quote