The Accurate Reloading Forums
Ater-market trigger purchase advise: Rem XP-100...

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5611043/m/8171041801

25 April 2009, 05:43
Jordan
Ater-market trigger purchase advise: Rem XP-100...
Gentlemen:

I have an XP-100 converted to a rifle in .22 Dasher. Its for rockchucks. Which trigger should I use? I am not a benchrester, but I'd like something that will let me go down to a pound or perhaps a little less. Just want a quality adjustable trigger without breaking the bank.

Any advise is appreciated.

Jordan
26 April 2009, 21:06
Peter
I didn't know there was one. Doesn't the trigger on the XP have a weird combination of long rods, levers etc. due to the grip location? Of course if your XP action is the basis for the rifle then this problem may have been overcome already.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;
21 June 2009, 04:45
GTM1
I'm with Peter about the stock position. If you are using the factory stock, best you could do would be a trigger job by a competient gunsmith.I don't think it would be safe to try to get the factory trigger as low as you want. Ed Brown makes a replacement pistol stock that will reposition the trigger and get rid of all that linkage. Then you can go with a Jewell hunting trigger. It can be set to the weight of pull you want.
21 June 2009, 15:14
DocEd
When XP-100 actions are used to make rifles, a 700 style trigger can be used. I would suggest a Jewell. They are pricey but, the best on the market.

NRA Patron Life Member Benefactor Level