New
Find
Notify
Tools

portable shooting benches
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
shooting rifles off of my tool box in my truck has become less than satisfing. i have looked in the cabela's shooting catalog at some of the portable benches for sale. are these relativly stable to shoot from? i could build a bench but i'm not sure it would be an improvement on what i could just buy. i recently got ruger 77 target rifle and i know that i am not shooting up to the rifles potential. try to lean in firmly to the stock, align on the target,and not make the suspension on the truck move boohoo. so,any help, recomendations would be appreciated

Posts: 74 | Location: East Kentucky | Registered: 22 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've used an "Armor Portable Shooting Bench" for years. First rate product from a top notch company. Advertises in most gun rags. Located in Havre, Mt.

Posts: 868 | Location: maryland | Registered: 25 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of alleyyooper
posted Hide Post
I made my own booger bench. I really like it and have wondered since what took me so long.
Easy to make,m easy to carry and set up.

Big Grin Al

Garden View Apiaries where the view is as sweet as the honey.

Posts: 505 | Location: Michigan, U.S.A. | Registered: 04 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just made one the other day. And I love it. I took a piece of 1.25 plywood I had laying around. It was around 30"x50". I made the cutout on the corner for me to sit in. I went to Lowes and got a set of foldable table legs for $20 and screwed them on there. It sits very solid and folds up easy to toss in the car or truck.

Posts: 32 | Location: Kickapoo, IL. | Registered: 12 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got one of the 100 type out of cabellas for xmas & it works just fine. its light enuf to carry out into the PD fields & yet sturdy enough to make a good rest

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made a simple light weight shooting bench , rest , target table . What ever you would prefer to call it . I purchased a small ladder removed a rung near the top . Now remember this is a small step ladder. A Huskey green top if memory serves me . Any way I had a nice piece of Ash mantel( Several thinner strips of ash glued up in reversing order as well as 1.5" splined end strips let in to each end as to prevent warp ). I cut it so it would slip fit ( On an angle ) tightly into the ladders second rung from the top it also rest on the paint tray for extra stability . No fastners required . It wedge fits very nicely. I cut a small semi circle out of the rear portion. I set in my folding camp chair at the perfect height. I measured all this before moving the ladders rung. It may sound complicated , but is was NOT. I shoot in places where it difficult to gain access. I have to have all my shooting and camping equipment fit in a Baja Bug. My Tent, food ,Ice chest , sleeping bags .Several rifles pistols ammo . You get the picture !. Everything but the kitchen sink goes into and comes back with me in that VW. If any ones interested I made a completely portable collapsible PVC target stand . That requires no wire or tape to hold a stiff piece of card board on which I tape my targets to . Very stable and slick . beer

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote