THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BENCHREST AND TARGET SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Shooting  Hop To Forums  Benchrest & Target Shooting    unique alpine tpg-1 or accuracy international

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

unique alpine tpg-1 or accuracy international
 Login/Join

posted
hi guys
just looking for some critism or comments about these two rifles
i was thinking about getting either the unique alpine tpg-1 or the accuarcy international AE model
if any of you out there owns one of these or have fired them id like to hear what your opinions are
thanks guys

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What are you going to use it for?
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
hi butch
i was gonna use it for target shooting and maybe a little bit of bench rest

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rouser, They remind me of rifles that my buds ask me why do I have them?
Both of them will shoot better than factory massed produced rifles. They will never compete with a purpose built target or BR rifle. Other than shooting people, it isn't designed to hunt with.I believe it may be a "wow!" rifle at the local range. I have an acquantence with an AE and it is a true 1/2"-1" rifle. People like to watch it shoot and it gets him some attention.
I'm trying not to be negative because I also have a couple of rifles that are a little unique, but fit no catagory other than I like them.
Butch

Posts: 8959 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
hey butch
well to be totally honest im also going for that 'holy f**k,look at the gun he's using' response.im not really looking for a hunting rifle i already have one of those.what i want is a rilfe that looks mean and shoots true.and i think both these fit into that category

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You are correct. They both fit.
Butch

posted Hide Post
i just wonder which one is best.i know the AI is half the price of the unique alpine but that doesnt mean its below standards

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
quote:
'holy f**k,look at the gun he's using'

Try showing up with a rail gun.

Or a custom paint job (naked babes or ?) on an accurate 6PPC bench gun.

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
well now that u said that my ideas have totally changed,f**k the paint job and the gun give me the naked babes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
HAve you thought about looking at a Sako TRG? Not as fancy as the AI or the alpine but IMHO i like more the Sako than the AI for the stability of the bipod. The AI seem a little more robust though.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." (Attributed to George Orwell).

Posts: 72 | Location: Aalborg Denmark (sometimes Mexico) | Registered: 12 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are several companies that make "off the shelf" "tactical" type sniper rifle, counter sniper rifles, counter- counter sniper rifles etc. etc. Tikka makes one as well. I don't know how accurate they are. The ones I have seen at the range, including some custom jobbies, have not shot as well as my Rem 700HB in 308! However, they were shooting off the bipod, from a bench, while I was shooting from a rear bag and front rest.
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
Try a Blaser LRS Tac II with 2 change over barrels 308 Win and 338 Lapua. That turns a few heads.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote